SAU Community

RB25de catback exhaust bolt up to Rb20e

So, I purchased a project R33 S1 Skyline, unfortunately it came with a RB20e...  (would engine swap but I’m on my P’s :( )

I’ve been hunting for ages trying to find an exhaust but I have had no luck.. 

Does anyone know if I could bolt up a rb25de (aftermarket) catback to my rb20e and all fit up? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

17 minutes ago, WMDC35 said:

Cat back should fit but better off to keep it quiet

Thanks for your reply :) 

keeping it quiet was the plan, it currently has no muffler and sounds aweful in the high rev range ?

How about buying two fat mufflers and getting an exhaust shop to install them?

I don't recall seeing aftermarket for RB25DE, are they 2.5"? But yeah no muffler is awful. Hell even a standard/stock turbo cat back would be better, if it fits.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

How about buying two fat mufflers and getting an exhaust shop to install them?

I don't recall seeing aftermarket for RB25DE, are they 2.5"? But yeah no muffler is awful. Hell even a standard/stock turbo cat back would be better, if it fits.

This was literally the only N/A exhaust I could find, besides the price what do you think? (They have this exhaust for a lot of models) 

https://www.nengun.com/kakimoto-racing/kakimoto-r

Literally 10x easier to take said car to the exhaust shop and point to it and say "Put a muffler in the middle of the pipe and a muffler at the back, please."

Cost is the 2x mufflers and some time and some welding. The front end of your existing exhaust is already proven to connect to the manifold flange, and the thing is already connected to the hangers. No doubt or worries required over whether it will fit, because it already does. And the new mufflers don't need to be hi-po or stainless or annointed with the tears of virgins. It's an NA RB20 single cam - so broadly equivalent to a 1999 Corolla in terms of flow needs. Buying a kakimoto cat back is the very definition of overkill and woftam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1