SAU Community

London Rs four S1

Craiguk86

Hello and thank you for the wealth of info I have already read from your forum. 

My name is Craig I was looking for a cheap performance car and came across the Stagea. Over here in the UK it's a very rare sight. I have never seen another one! 

So it's a 1996 RS Four with a factory Dayz kit and 2 sunroofs too! Really low miles at 47,000 and a few spare parts in the boot too.

The interior is immaculate engine is completely stock too but the body has really faded paint and light surface rust under the mirrors so I will be respraying the whole car and treating any rust before hand.

Well that's my hello no doubt I will start a little build thread soon too ?️

• Like 2

Wow that's a low mileage - how about some pics?

The rust under the mirrors is a standard feature I'm afraid. When you pull off the door linings you need to take out the moisture retaining material in that corner of the door.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Craiguk86 said:

My name is Craig I was looking for a cheap performance car and came across the Stagea. Over here in the UK it's a very rare sight. I have never seen another one! 

?️

There is a small number in the UK - one had been converted to a GTR front. You may be able to contact them through the GTR UK site or if you trawl through the Wagoneers section below you may find them.

Just had a look - there is actually a website

http://www.stagea.co.uk/3.html

and a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/NissanStageaSales

Thanks guys! 

Yes iv done a little research and it wouldn't be hard to get the parts for the R34 front end. Just masa wings and the rest can be genuine skyline parts from what I have read. 

To be honest I quite like the look as it is after all its a Stagea not a Skyline.

Once it's painted too I think it will look great. 

Yes I will post a few pics tonight after work. 

Thanks for the links Kiwi ?

Edited by Craiguk86

So as promised a few pics... 

I managed to get it up on a lift yesterday to see how bad any rust is and to my surprise it's not too bad. 

Suspension components are ok. No play anywhere but it all needs a good blast and paint and there is light surface rust pretty much everywhere. Nothing a wire wheel and underseal can't sort out. 

The front right shock has also gone so replacement pair coming soon. 

Engine wise I have had a good look and it's looking very good. Just the rocker cover gaskets weeping a little. New ones on order and I can clean up and paint the rocker covers at the same time.

I'm actually surprised a car 23 years old can still feel so new. It's very smooth and all the electrical components work perfectly! Germans please learn! 

IMG_20190424_075327__01.jpg

IMG_20190424_075255.jpg

IMG_20190424_075307__01.jpg