• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Griffin

Twin turbo manifold upgrade

I am in the process of going back to twins using t517z turbo, aiming for around 390 wkw on e85.

Has anyone seen or know of any results/ feedback on these manifolds gcg are selling?Screenshot_20190712-100056.thumb.png.e83390ee25a1ce3fac19ba4f3bd7999a.png

There’s no way I’d buy a set for $1,200 when I’ve seen factory ported ones makes 475kw, that money could be put towards a tune

• Like 3

I don't know of any results for them so sorry, can't help you directly - but the eyechrometer reports that they look to be aiming for making more power from a setup that you wouldn't be restricted by the stock manifolds anyway... and I can't see how they'd help response at all, so it'd be quite a bit of expense with the possibility of no tangible improvements.

Read the thread by Femno about tubular equal length manifolds, he built a beautiful set, barely any advantage over standard manifolds. Note they were not this, but consensus appears to be you can do it cheaper with stockies

I was looking at getting some t517z, but ended up getting some second hand apexis, the previous owner was making 470kw on stock manifolds, so I don't think you need these at all for your goal

Edited by 30ed32

Given the price you can get a pair of Stock Manifolds for ($50 +/-) you could better spend the money or bank the savings. These were designed as an option for people casing some large power figures on the twins location. 

If you were keeping twins but going 2.8 or larger then looking to max out some larger turbos then these would be your go to.

Ive personally had my stock Manifolds ported by Specialized Power Porting in readiness for the next set up.

Ok. I already have some stock ones . I'll put that money towards getting everything on exhaust side ceramic coated. 

5 hours ago, 30ed32 said:

I was looking at getting some t517z, but ended up getting some second hand apexis, the previous owner was making 470kw on stock manifolds, so I don't think you need these at all for your goal

Why were u looking at t517z,  what made you get the apexi?

11 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Why were u looking at t517z,  what made you get the apexi?

I'm aiming for around the 350kw mark and the t517zs looked to be a good option and there seems to be some good results from them on here and other gtr sites.  Really the only reason I got the apexi turbos was because I got a good deal on a rebuilt pair, if I found some good t517zs before the apexis showed up I would have gone with them, they both seem like good options.

I haven't seen many results since e85 has become so available. What size are your apexis in comparison?

On 7/13/2019 at 2:14 AM, Griffin said:

I haven't seen many results since e85 has become so available. What size are your apexis in comparison?

Sorry only just saw this now, from what I found they are very similar, but it looks like people can squeeze a bit more out of the apexis