SAU Community

I’ve pulled my skyline apart and need help :\

Hey all, 

So about 9 months ago I’ve pulled apart a lot of things from my engine bay then went away overseas for a while and now that I’m back,  I’ve started to put things back together but can’t figure what goes where. It’s a very daunting feeling and I don’t know what to do. It’s a 34 GTT.   I’ve got so many questions and I don’t even know where to start. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’d rather get someone to do it for me and I’ll offer compensation for their time. I got the parts it’s just the labour. I also don’t know which bolt goes where and that is the worse bit. I’m located in Sydney and if anyone is up for the task then hit me up. Thanks 

Hard lesson to learn! Label everything, and make sure to use a permanent marker (failed at this on an older, simpler, car). 

Have removed everything from my 32, will see if I got enough notes in a couple of months or need to look at pictures of how its supposed to be done :)

The only way that will work is to get someone to help out at your place for a few days, since you won't be able to collect everything that came off, and it is a disaster job for a workshop....

There must be someone with some experience in Sydney who needs a day or 2 overtime on the weekend....

25 minutes ago, Duncan said:

The only way that will work is to get someone to help out at your place for a few days, since you won't be able to collect everything that came off, and it is a disaster job for a workshop....

There must be someone with some experience in Sydney who needs a day or 2 overtime on the weekend....

I feel like this is fraught with danger. Unless the person helping is 100% a mate and doing it at no cost, there is going to be drama come payment time. This is one of those jobs that tend to blow out massively. 

At least if a workshop has the car that deals with skylines on a regular basis, they may have the random bits and pieces that have gone missing while being pulled apart. 

If they are doing it at home, who knows how often they'll be hitting up wreckers/Nissan for parts along the way and wasting a tonne of time. 

Oh and for next time, sandwich bags, a sharpie and your smartphone taking a million photos goes a long way come reassembly time.

9 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

What did you actually pull apart and why.?

Intake plenum, rocker cover, all the piping and hoses connecting to them, intercooler, clutch fan just to name some. I actually didn’t pull out as much as I thought the problem is putting them back on in the right order. Like for example with the intake manifold and rocker cover, they need to be resealed with sealant when they are put back on right? Also does the AAC valve gasket need to be sealed to? Where in Sydney can I get these gaskets for a good price instead of waiting for a couple of weeks from eBay? I can get it put back together but I have questions on the way. Is it ok if I ask them in this thread? Thanks

sure....if you're in no rush and willing to take the risk that internet advice has no value....post em up :)

I don't know about the rb25 intake manifold gaskets, and in any case there is an upper and lower half so pics may be required.

AAV will have a gasket and matching mating surface on the manifold. If the gasket is in good condition (ie flat an unbroken), just re-use it. Otherwise hit kudos or similar to buy one but you will need to remove the old gasket and clean both surfaces well (brake cleaner, razor blade or even scotch brite pad manually or on a air or power tool). New gasket here: http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/valve-gasket-suit-nissan-skyline-gts25-gts25-rb25de-rb25det-p-1200.html

Rocker cover gaskets can be reused if they still have a bit of flexibility. If they are cracked on super hard replace. http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/camshaft-cover-seal-suit-nissan-skyline-gts25-gts25-gts25-p-207.html . Some people use a VERY thin bead of silicone in rocker covers but if the gaskets are OK and covers are bolted down properly they won't leak. You do need to use silicone on the half moon seals at the rear of the cam, and those half moon seals are more likely to need replacement as they can rip when you remove them.

• Like 1