Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


thenixtone

Suggestions on a new clutch?

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

 

Need a new clutch for more power / current one is worn, I have the GTT (RB25DET Neo) was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to look for?

Will any aftermarket single plate do? Currently looking at https://www.gameonmotorsports.com.au/npc-nissan-skyline-r33-gtr-pull-type-clutch-r34-gt~44571

Looking to make about 375kw~

Edited by thenixtone
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows. I don't think anyone has replaced a clutch before.

I would not ever call or email clutch placed and ask them. They know nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thenixtone said:

Ah right, my bad, I thought this was a forum.. for discussions. A clutch place isn't going to tell me if their clutch is shit, are they?

Maybe they would if you asked about an unsuitable model in a particular application.

call npc. Tell them what you want. Call Jim Berry. Call acs

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, thenixtone said:

Ah right, my bad, I thought this was a forum.. for discussions. A clutch place isn't going to tell me if their clutch is shit, are they?

On that basis, we could trot out the passive aggressive claim that no-one has ever asked that question on this forum before and that it would be impossible to search for previous/recent discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

On that basis, we could trot out the passive aggressive claim that no-one has ever asked that question on this forum before and that it would be impossible to search for previous/recent discussion.

You mean like the original passive aggressive comment I was responding to? 

And of course I searched. Its hard to find information with exact power figures. How do you think I came across the NPC clutch that people on here recommend..? 

Every thread that COULD be answered elsewhere is useless apparently.

 

Besides 'this one fits' I was after actual experiences and feedback.

Edited by thenixtone
Link to post
Share on other sites

Budget? Where/how you are using the car?

 

I have ACT 6 Puck with Extreme pressure plate (rated to 830nm iirc) on my rb30/25 street car (550hp/730nm) and Im happy with it. We dont really have bad traffic here where I live though

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, WR33KD said:

OS R3C here aswell, only clutch you will ever need

In a rwd application under 400kw yes, so fine for the GTT in this application, but not in a GTR launching at 7000rpm +. I killed a brand new one in one drag weekend, completely warping the metallic floating discs to the point the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Probably not relevant in this situation, but just pointing out that they are not the "be all to end all" of clutches at all. They also drive like shit on the street, very hair trigger engagement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines mint she feels like a standard clutch, done plenty of hard take offs and still feels great. I’m over 400kw and rwd and it’s the bees knees and it has a changeable centre not like others

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WR33KD said:

Mines mint she feels like a standard clutch, done plenty of hard take offs and still feels great. I’m over 400kw and rwd and it’s the bees knees and it has a changeable centre not like others

What you got?

 

1 hour ago, BK said:

In a rwd application under 400kw yes, so fine for the GTT in this application, but not in a GTR launching at 7000rpm +. I killed a brand new one in one drag weekend, completely warping the metallic floating discs to the point the clutch wouldn't disengage.

Probably not relevant in this situation, but just pointing out that they are not the "be all to end all" of clutches at all. They also drive like shit on the street, very hair trigger engagement.

Jesus..

 

Is the difference between button and cushion button that big of a deal for street driving?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, thenixtone said:

What you got?

 

Jesus..

 

Is the difference between button and cushion button that big of a deal for street driving?

Nope. The cushion has very little effect. A button clutch is going to be pretty much off or on and  don't like slipping

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WR33KD said:

Mines mint she feels like a standard clutch, done plenty of hard take offs and still feels great. I’m over 400kw and rwd and it’s the bees knees and it has a changeable centre not like others

All multiplate clutches have a changeable centre hub by design, so thats not anything special. Maybe your R3C seems a bit nicer to drive in a rwd car, because any metallic triple plate I've had in a GTR has a hair trigger and not really slippable, definitely nowhere near a standard or full face clutch plate type. I've had ORC (Ogura), Xtreme (ACS), Exedy and OS Giken all in triples and all basically felt like the same clutch.

OP, The Nismo twin, NPC twin or even the OS giken TS2B will probably be a nicer clutch to drive for you and handle your power for quite sometime. $1500 or less though is going to limit you to buying a single plate though, as I think you'll need to stretch a bit more to at least go a twin or triple if you can afford it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK said:

All multiplate clutches have a changeable centre hub by design, so thats not anything special. Maybe your R3C seems a bit nicer to drive in a rwd car, because any metallic triple plate I've had in a GTR has a hair trigger and not really slippable, definitely nowhere near a standard or full face clutch plate type. I've had ORC (Ogura), Xtreme (ACS), Exedy and OS Giken all in triples and all basically felt like the same clutch.

OP, The Nismo twin, NPC twin or even the OS giken TS2B will probably be a nicer clutch to drive for you and handle your power for quite sometime. $1500 or less though is going to limit you to buying a single plate though, as I think you'll need to stretch a bit more to at least go a twin or triple if you can afford it.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Think I'm going to spend the money and get the coppermix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...