• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Had block and head freshly skimmed to correct surface finish as per nitto recommendations. Has been in car for 3,000km today I did an oil change and checked over everything and have found a slight oil leak on the turbo side right at the back where the 10mm bolt is. 

I checked torque on head bolts and made sure the 10mm bolts were torqued correctly and they are. My tuner said it's fairly common and nothing to worry about, is this correct or something I should look into rectifying? 

Thank you. 

Mine doesn't do that, but experience of oil leaks is they get larger never smaller. If its bugging you fix it.

Almost certainly a cam seal leak. There are head oil returns near there but the head gasket seals them

Oh, and definitely not normal. The oil and smoke systems inside RBs are sealed, they should never come out.

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

Oh, and definitely not normal. The oil and smoke systems inside RBs are sealed, they should never come out.

Dam this is so annoying, I don't think it's cam seal unfortunately because it's nice and dry around the cam covers/half moon. You can see the weep is coming out between the block and head, it's minor but I want everything to be 100%.

I will take a photo today sometime and see what you guys think.