SAU Community

help choosing injectors

Hi Im just in the process of ordering all the parts to wind up my skyline in to the 600-700 rwhp and am having trouble deciding on what injectors to use

Currently its around 400 rwhp, link g4+ engine is forged rb30/25, balanced crank. s2 ported head 272 cams, gt3540 turbo 0.93 rear housing plus all the usual stuff and running on 98. fuel pump and lines are all ready set up for e85.

So next i was planning on upgrading the crank trigger, change turbo to borgwarner efr 8374. going to e85 on a fuel flex system but cannot decide  on what injectors? where i live e85 is hard to come by so will still run on 98 alot.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Something like this should do the job:

https://www.nzefi.com/product/nissan-rb-1000ccmin-top-feed-direct-fit-fuel-injector-kit/

Possibly too small for E85 at that power level though. OK for 98, but would probably want to go to 1200cc for E85.

Yes EFI also list a 1650

https://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-1650ccmin-e85-compatible-top-feed-fuel-injector/

Although no doubt they are available from an Aussie supplier as well.

Yes, Bosch 0 280 158 333 EV14 1550cc @ 3 bar / 1650cc  @ 4 bar available from EFI hardware, Taarks or Golebys. Golebys also can flow match a set in house for an extra $99 as apparently the Bosch injectors flow rates hugely vary - highly recommended to do this. I had this done on a set I purchased from them.

While we're on this, what's the go with the Bosch 1250cc injectors that Kudos Motorsport have ?

Bosch Motorsport don't list these, but being long nosed type I take it they are the 980cc ? . They list the 0 280 158 333 1462cc @ 3 bar EV14 injector (the ones I guess people call 1550cc) and the 0 280 158 040 980cc @ 3 bar EV14 injector (1000cc right ?), so what's the go with what Kudos have ? Is it a modified version of the 980cc ? The 980cc is supposedly 1150cc at 4 bar, so would they really be 1250cc or just trying to pump a number up over everyone else's injectors?

It's pretty annoying the way everyone supplying these injectors is referring to the size at all different base pressures, like calling the 1550cc ones 1650cc. Bloody hell even calling them 1550cc is misleading as they are actually 1462cc according to Bosch AT 3 BAR, which is what I thought the comparison standard was supposed to be. Geez.

Anyway anyone know about the Kudos ones ?