SAU Community

Auto trans problems

Having a few troubles with my  auto trans in my 2006 350 gt v36. Trans  is perfect when  cold as soon as it heats up, at around the 65-80kph it wont hold the gear seems to change a d jump between gears. Is fine when triptronic. Just did fluid change any ideas? Low is alos

When you slow down does it nudge you forward and then idle around 900-1000? 

If so then welcome to my world. Nissan/Inifniti Aus will refuse to fix it. You need to hassle them hard.
Its related to  "ITB07-048B" See link.

https://infinitig37.com/TSB/1RZ20.pdf

it didnt happen to all 5 SPD's. If its an issue and nissan wont update the  ECM You'll have to go through the process of getting an ECM from a wrecked car programed to your car and basically hope it works. 
You could also speak to a tuner and get them to try find a way to update it. 

Out of the 5 people i know with V36's built prior to DEC 2007, its only happened to 2 of them. 

Again, if it doesnt do what i described above then unfortunantely im not sure but i wish you luck. 

4 hours ago, Slap_happy said:

Having a few troubles with my  auto trans in my 2006 350 gt v36. Trans  is perfect when  cold as soon as it heats up, at around the 65-80kph it wont hold the gear seems to change a d jump between gears. Is fine when triptronic. Just did fluid change any ideas? Low is alos

Just a very long shot....have you checked the atf level since the oil change? May need a top up?

1 hour ago, Slap_happy said:

I only put in walhat came out which was about 4 litres 

mine took alot more than 4ltr.

Mine ended up being about 6.5Ltr if i recall.

So do your models still have dipsticks or they the unserviceable kind? If its got a dipstick follow the correct level indicator on the dipstick (one for hot engine one for cold). Most cars require the engine to be running when you check it (in park of course).