SAU Community

rb nistune na+t

i've done a turbo conversation on a rb25de neo

I've got a rb25det manual ecu (didnt know it was manual) and my car is automatic so it doesnt work with it. and i've also dont have the wiring harness for the rb25det

can i send the manual ecu away to nistune get it chipped and get it back and will it work with the car? (get it tuned etc)

20 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

And stick to one thread so people can get a picture of what's going on and what you have already asked/been told.

He's shopping for the answers he wants to hear, not the answers he was given

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Amghugs said:

can i send the manual ecu away to nistune get it chipped and get it back and will it work with the car? (get it tuned etc)

No it won't, read my PM to you, and GTSBoy is quite right a manual ECU is not built to communicate with an auto trans because at the lowest level of thinking THAT WOULD BE STUPID

can anyone find the ecu that i need the numbers on it?

i have a rb25de neo engine

done a turbo conversation with the stock motor

do i need the rb25det neo ecu AUTO?

and does it have to be neo or just standard rb25det.

27 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

do i need the rb25det neo ecu AUTO?

No. I have already told you that. The 25DET auto ECU has the TCU inside it. Your transmission is currently wired up to a completely separate TCU on the other side of the car. Putting another TCU into the car isn't going to help anything, and the DET ECU does not expect to talk to a TCU that is outside the ECU, so there's little that you can do.

You could try - but you would be venturing into the wilds where no-one has reportedly been before. Probably because it probably doesn't work.

Your best bet would be to convert to manual, because it will remove all these annoyances. As far as I know, there is no Nistune option for the RB25DE, which would have been a nice way to try to make it work because you could tune it to run the turbo engine and it would still talk to the TCU.

I'm still voting for manual conversion. Either that, or you have to look into alternative (aftermarket) TCUs for the tranny. They exist, but that's a whole 'nother set of issues.