SAU Community

R34 rb25de+t Secret squirrel trick help?

I’ve just picked up a impul ecu for my rb25de turbo conversation..

I’ve got the check engine light on and I’m pretty sure it’s because of the boost pressure sensor.. and most likely other sensors, 

can someone please help me with either finding how to do the squirrel trick, to trick the ecu that everything is running fine..

apparently you just use pin 48, it's the 5 volt reference supply for all 3 sensors 

but I have no idea what I’m doing, can someone put me in the right direction please or send me to a guide or some diagrams etc

thanks for your help!! 

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

This is an Impul ECU for a manual turbo car?

Are you going to be happy driving around in 3rd gear only?

haha i bought one today for a auto. from a rb25det neo

Just now, Amghugs said:

haha i bought one today for a auto. from a rb25det neo

Great. and have you remembered that we have all told you that it is very unlikely that a Neo turbo auto ECU will drive your auto? Because the auto is wired up to your old TCU and the new TCU is in the ECU and there shouldn't be any magic that would make one think it is the other?

Aaaaaand - given that you heard about the secret squirrel trick on these forums referring to other posts on these forums.....why don't you keep searching until you find it yourself?

• Haha 1

Yes you have no idea what you are doing. It is clear that you have read at least two threads telling you what the"secret squirrel" trick is but you say you don't know  what to do.

Your best bet is to return the car back to stock if you remember how

Or get professional help...

• 2 weeks later...

You'll need to run an aftermarket ECU with less aggressive timing to make up for the higher comp NA motor. Don't use a turbo ecu, don't use a mines ecu, don't use an impul ecu. Do it right the first time and don't end up paying for a new motor.

Edit: In addition to this, the aftermarket ecu won't care if you don't have those sensors.

Also an impul ECU or mines ecu will probably run a more aggressive tune than a factory DET ecu ?

Edited by Pr0x1mity
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yes indeed ; They offered it to me, I'm waiting for their quote 😉
    • Hey, thanks dude. Freedom to do whatever one wants to with their own car and build, but personally I don't want anything that's too precious. If I can't beat on it when I feel inspired, what's the point of having a car like this? And if I break something, it's me who's going to be fixing it myself...
    • https://files.fm/u/nrm9zrpkjj
    • Admin delete if not allowed please, I just purchased an r32 GTST with a Gtr front bar , grill I assume bonnet? (maybe) I have 2 questions he told me it had an RB25det I’m new to the RB world, and this is the photo I have taken and also I noticed a piece near my suspension broken is this fixable , will update new photos tomorrow once I have lifted her up and removed the LHS wheel I want to know if there is ways around this , I didn’t notice anything as it drove with no knocks on the suspension or weird feeling    the car feels sluggish, and the rpm cluster literally goes to 3.5-4k rpm and when you put your foot down it dances around like the local girl on Canterbury road or Sefton playhouse the car sat for 8 years he said the oil was dropped and re done , I noticed the oil was very clean car starts no problems by all means it’s not a clean car it is a project but doesn’t need much, knowing me I will go overboard the colour is horrible car has 88k kms hardly driven needs a few things but it’ll be fun to build properly    so guys is this an rb20 or rb25 and what is this bracket called? Can it be fixed thanks 
    • found this on the forum , suggests I am in the range  ----------------------------- From the segmented (potentially incorrect) information I've found that;  Early R32: RB26000XXXX to RB26002XXXX  Mid R32: RB26003XXXX (V-Spec I RB26-03XXXXX - Reference Classic Register) Late R32: RB26004XXXX (V-Spec II RB26-042XXXX - RB26-045XXXX - Reference Classic Register) Early R33: RB26005XXXX Mid R33: RB26006XXXX (as per the engine in this R32 V-Spec II, which is what I'm concerned about from legitimacy perspective) Late R33:  RB26007XXXX Early R34 (2000+):  RB26008XXXX ----------------------