SAU Community

350GT ecu questions vq35de

Hi all 

quick question got a early 2004 350GT v35 with the vq35de, the ecu is not supported with UpRev.

can I swap in a 350z manual ECU? Has anyone done this? 

Car is a budget race car only thing I want to keep going is the dash cluster, if I can switch the ecu and then UpRev tune it, remove the nats etc that’s all I need. 

11 hours ago, Travis Trayhern said:

Hi all 

quick question got a early 2004 350GT v35 with the vq35de, the ecu is not supported with UpRev.

can I swap in a 350z manual ECU? Has anyone done this? 

Car is a budget race car only thing I want to keep going is the dash cluster, if I can switch the ecu and then UpRev tune it, remove the nats etc that’s all I need. 

Are you sure..? Alot of older G35's get uprev tuned.

Message UpRev on FB. i speak to them on there all the time to add a few options to my cars ROM. It might take a few weeks but they should be able to add it if its not already.

Yes already messaged them with ecu numbers and got a reply not supported won’t work. 

I even asked them about grabbing another ecu and just got a very un-helpful “do your own research”.  

G35 might have a different ECU as they were OBD2 compatible, the V35 ECU isn't.  That said, I have never heard of anyone having issues with a V35 350GT with uprev, maybe there is something a bit unique about yours.  Sorry, I can't help much further.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got the full UpRev software that can come remove the VATs? Or if anyone knows how to do with with NDS?

pull the engine out and will just stand-alone wire the ecu in the race car so don’t want to have to switch the dash loom and BCM. 

Do you mean NATS?  I think it is fairly heavily integrated, not sure if upRev will do it, or you need to go with a full aftermarket ECU.

NDS certainly cannot.

On 20/08/2019 at 5:04 PM, sonicii said:

Do you mean NATS?  I think it is fairly heavily integrated, not sure if upRev will do it, or you need to go with a full aftermarket ECU.

NDS certainly cannot.

UpREv can disable NATS

Have swapped in a 350z manual ecu, car fires but dies straight away so I suspect its the NATS, few errors show in NDS , NATS comm failure, TPS issues 3 of them, and can bus error. 

All i need is to get the car running without NATS so i can rip the engine and engine loom out and transplant, dont want to have to rip the whole dash and BCM and cluster out. 

If anyone has the full tuners UpRev who can do a NATS removal please sing out.