SAU Community

Are 32 33 34 clutch pedals the same??

I can confirm that the 33 GTST clutch pedal and brake pedal works just fine in my R34 sedan.

However I don't love the R34 Auto accelerator pedal, it sits signifigantly lower than the brake pedal does by default. I suspect (dont know this for sure, maybe its all skylines?) that the auto accelerator pedal sits lower to be where the auto brake pedal is.

With the mismatched height, heel-toe'ing is quite difficult unless you are REALLY hard on the brake to the point where you can blip the throttle. Any other time the accelerator pedal is out of reach. Thats about the only thing to consider. May not even be conversion specific but I've always wondered.

Pretty normal to have accelerator lower than brake, although the brake and clutch pedal height are somewhat adjustable by lengthening the rod into the master cylinder.  Generally heal/toeing is more a motorsport technique, and if you are racing and on the brakes, you better be on them hard :) 

For daily driving it's easier on the box/synchros to shift slower and let the revs match while in neutral. Unless you are having fun of course :)

23 hours ago, Duncan said:

Pretty normal to have accelerator lower than brake, although the brake and clutch pedal height are somewhat adjustable by lengthening the rod into the master cylinder.  Generally heal/toeing is more a motorsport technique, and if you are racing and on the brakes, you better be on them hard :) 

For daily driving it's easier on the box/synchros to shift slower and let the revs match while in neutral. Unless you are having fun of course :)

Oh I totally get this, and at the track there is very rarely "subtle" braking when you need to shift down multiple gears at the same time. 

It struck me as odd, because the pedal heights for other sporty cars (MX5's, RenaultSport Meganes etc) have far closer pedal heights and you can heel toe in them remarkably easily. To do it in my car at least you are almost going through the windshield while attempting to reach the accelerator pedal at all.... which made me wonder if this is a Manual conversion thing or not.

By "Barely touching" I mean they actually are only level when the brake pedal is pushed to maximum travel down (i.e 100% braking force). That is the height of the accelerator pedal in my car in my application, which I found quite odd unless Nissan really did make the pedal box for group A racing lol

I can't speak for R34 conversions, but my auto to manual converted R32 has no difference between auto and manual brake pedal height (ie, comparing my now manual pedal in an auto chassis vs a manual pedal that was always in another manual car). And it is an excellent height for heel & toe, subject to the caveat that I am old school and use the "roll the foot sideways and press throttle with side of foot" technique and not the "swivel the foot on the ball and press the throttle with the flat of the heel".