SAU Community

17” Motorsport Tyre Options?

I have used rs3 and ar1 in 255/40 /17 

Rs3 was good all round for street and club level motorsport stuff.  Do not recommend them in the wet. The ar1 is definitely a track tyre very consistent when up to temperature. I run them around 28-29psi hot. Also used them in targa barrier reef and they where great on the road when warm but had a few moments when cold. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

I have used rs3 and ar1 in 255/40 /17 

Rs3 was good all round for street and club level motorsport stuff.  Do not recommend them in the wet. The ar1 is definitely a track tyre very consistent when up to temperature. I run them around 28-29psi hot. Also used them in targa barrier reef and they where great on the road when warm but had a few moments when cold. 

lol god damn right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Strexx said:

Just a heads up Hankook RS4's are available at Bob Jane on a buy 3 get 1 free promo now... Just bought four yesterday for $525 - Bob Jane Hornsby great service.

What size?

What manufacture date?

Hankook do this for all their range, so it'd be any RS4 size, dates are always recent (within like a couple months of sale).

I have them on both the Megane Sport and the R34. Great road/light track tyre. You WILL think you broke a bearing when they start to wear though ?