SAU Community

Rookie with a couple of maintenance questions (stages NM35)

Rav3n

Hi all,

First off, apologies if I've posted this incorrectly and it should be under a DIY thread!

I'm a UK based owner of a 2001 NM35 Stagea and I'm trying to learn how to keep the car maintained myself, and am enjoying the learning process!

I had a couple of issues (that might be linked?) that I was hoping to get advice on.

Firstly my airbag light has been flashing regularly for over two months now. I'm assuming this is an electrical issue. Its irritating but I've just left it until now, but have my MOT due at the end of the month so should probably deal with it! Could this just be a fuse? Has anyone had other experience of problems that might cause this?

Secondly, my windscreen wiper jets have stopped working, which again I assume to be electrical. There is no noise when I activate them which i think rules out a blockage... Is this a common part to go wrong or might it be a fuse too?

I've gone out and bought a multimeter in anticipation of both these being fuse problems, but just wanted to get people's thoughts on whether there is anything else I should be looking for?

Finally, where would I find the fuse boxes for the the airbag and the windscreen wiper jet motor? And also as a really rookie question,  are there any suggestions for where to buy replacement fuses in the UK? I often find it really tricky to source parts for the Stagea over here as it is just not as popular as over in Australia! If it's just a generic car fuse ignore this last question,  as I said I'm still new to this! ?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

Raven

The small fuses are just common fuses. Haven't got an M35 but in C34 they are just behind a little coin holder that pulls out. Check any connections under the front seats.

20 hours ago, Rav3n said:

Hi all,

I had a couple of issues (that might be linked?) that I was hoping to get advice on.

Firstly my airbag light has been flashing regularly for over two months now. I'm assuming this is an electrical issue. 

Secondly, my windscreen wiper jets have stopped working

Raven

Hi

Airbag lights are common, 99.9% of the time, its the Seat Weight module/plug thing, under the driver and passenger seat. Have a play with it to see if it goes away, IF NOT, put a resistor in.

Washer Jet is either the motor is dead or the plug is not plugged in.

Most parts of your car are similar/same to the V35 Skyline/Infinity