SAU Community

Help with TPS

So after going FFP on my r34, used R33 throttle body. I figured I should adjust my TPS as when I swapped my R34 TPS onto the R33 throttle body it was most likely off. So after reading through various posts on here I found my answer quickly. Probe the three wires until I find the signal wire and adjust TPS until .4-.5v. Easy enough....

Trouble is the signal wire (white) reads at minimum 1.00v and won’t go lower and full throttle reads adjusts 4.65v max

black wire reads 0.83v which is crazy as it should read 12v right?

the red wire reads 5.91v and should also read 12v?

do I need a new TPS? Should I try a S2 tps?

Have you at least got Nistune in the ECU so you don't have to put up with fault codes from butchering the TCS?

And what makes you think that there should be 12V? Most ECU sensors are run from 5V.

Plug your R34 TB back into the loom and see what you see from that. Then go forward from there.

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Have you at least got Nistune in the ECU so you don't have to put up with fault codes from butchering the TCS?

And what makes you think that there should be 12V? Most ECU sensors are run from 5V.

Plug your R34 TB back into the loom and see what you see from that. Then go forward from there.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I’ve got a nistune, okay so the red wire is fine? what volts should the black wire be? 

Okay ill try my 34 TB

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Bit of a revival but I got a new battery fitted  as my old one was dead. Also today I found out the grounds for the water temp and TPS? ( you know the two on the intake mani) we’re disconnected. so I grounded them to the inlet mani and now I can get my TPS set to .48v closed and 4.16 WOT.

Great

if anyone has issues like mine, make sure your grounds and connected and clean. The grounds are in the pic.

71419E15-511F-4BF2-BF70-DC34F5CA5881.jpeg

Edited by r34.rory