SAU Community

Considering this R32 with rear quarter panels replaced...stay away or ok?

3 hours ago, Hella_GTR said:

You guys seem cool enough.  I'm down.  If you know any willing available Australian visa givers (marriage maybe?) please let m know ;) 

That would actually be awesome. lol

For money I will do anything.

Dudes can get married here so get in touch

• Haha 1

It looks like that garage yoshida car has 'orange' around the strut tower seam welds, wouldnt be suprised if this is rust.

Mate, look at pro stock racing JP, they seem to stock some really awesome GTRs and they are the same company who built my GTR from the ground up

Thanks for pointing out that r33's flaws man.  Garage Yoshida is pretty reputable here too so it's a bit surprising to see that.  About Prostock, I've been in touch with them.  Them and Crafsports are basically like the top names in the game for quality cars.  Prostock does carry cars with repair history but their repair quality is stellar.  They recommended their white r32 v-spec II for me but out the door it's over 5,000,000 yen which is a little more than i want to spend.  They have their other white one with over 200,000km's on it but it's super clean.  

They actually recommended Best R as well which is the car I've been interested for 3,480,000yen out the door https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/13/700055104730190702001.html

I'm kinda thinking just to swoop that car since it's got 700,000 yen worth of parts on it from the Ohlins and rays wheels.  It's just got a lot of miles on it but solid maintenance history.  But I've been definitely watching Pro-stock's inventory.  They're very responsive too.  Your car must be stellar man.  You're living the dream with a r33 and s15.   I miss my s15....Another reason to move to Australia. 

5 hours ago, Hella_GTR said:

Thanks for pointing out that r33's flaws man.  Garage Yoshida is pretty reputable here too so it's a bit surprising to see that.  About Prostock, I've been in touch with them.  Them and Crafsports are basically like the top names in the game for quality cars.  Prostock does carry cars with repair history but their repair quality is stellar.  They recommended their white r32 v-spec II for me but out the door it's over 5,000,000 yen which is a little more than i want to spend.  They have their other white one with over 200,000km's on it but it's super clean.  

They actually recommended Best R as well which is the car I've been interested for 3,480,000yen out the door https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/13/700055104730190702001.html

I'm kinda thinking just to swoop that car since it's got 700,000 yen worth of parts on it from the Ohlins and rays wheels.  It's just got a lot of miles on it but solid maintenance history.  But I've been definitely watching Pro-stock's inventory.  They're very responsive too.  Your car must be stellar man.  You're living the dream with a r33 and s15.   I miss my s15....Another reason to move to Australia.  

I think the key is patience, my search lasted a year and a half. Just keep waiting until you find something you know you'll be 100% happy with...because it seems like you want to hang on to it for a long time.

The reality is, it is extremely hard to find a good quality GT-R. They were built for a purpose and most have been driven for that purpose and beyond.

There is obviously still a few hidden gems out there but it will take time to find them, and the people who have them probably don't want to sell them!

Living the dream? Hmm, I thought I'd feel this way, but the amount of money spent modifying a car leaves a bee sting in your heart LOL.  That's why I was glad to find the Prostock R33, it was ALMOST done. Starting a build from stock (Like I did with the S15) is financially wreckless LOL.

30 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I think the key is patience, my search lasted a year and a half. Just keep waiting until you find something you know you'll be 100% happy with...because it seems like you want to hang on to it for a long time.

The reality is, it is extremely hard to find a good quality GT-R. They were built for a purpose and most have been driven for that purpose and beyond.

There is obviously still a few hidden gems out there but it will take time to find them, and the people who have them probably don't want to sell them!

Living the dream? Hmm, I thought I'd feel this way, but the amount of money spent modifying a car leaves a bee sting in your heart LOL.  That's why I was glad to find the Prostock R33, it was ALMOST done. Starting a build from stock (Like I did with the S15) is financially wreckless LOL.

totally feel you.  I've built too many cars and lost too many thousands.  But I guess it's what we do because of our passion and because it's worth it.  It's better than gambling and doing drugs right?  I think I lost the most on my v8 Rx7 build and probably the r34 I bought via the auctions which clearly wasn't a grade 4 car as advertised.  

I would totally spend a year on the hunt but the prices will continue to rise and I don't exactly know when I will be leaving Japan.  Also, I really want a car cause taking the train to work in these humid times sucks.  Yes I can buy a beater to get by but I'm only allowed one car with my status here so I'd have to sell it before finding another car and it's a pain selling cars here.  They don't do private to private much at all.  But nonetheless I agree with you that patience is the key.  But to be honest, none of the cars I'm looking at melt my heart like my r34 did.  Sucks we'll never see a r34 with a CA Plate. the one Toprank is working on is a 1999 and $50k so far to attempt to make it pass CA SMOG.  I could do another FD3s which i love but man I spent more hours under the hood than driving it.  Supras are another option but they sold those in the US.  I would love a 1995 ITR but they only made 1300 of them and they're hard AF to find.  1st world problems, right?  I just want something fun to enjoy, have some memories here, take advantage of the tuner shops here, and take back with me a well sorted car that I can enjoy at the local tracks like Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway, and drive to work once in a while.

• Like 2

Ok I got more photos of the one I listed above!  It looks good! I think I'm gonna jump on it.

Please let me know if you see any red flags that I'm missing...

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/VU2036006443/index.html?TRCD=200002

Only thing is it has a meter changes a 600km's but not certificate documentation.  But it's a one owner non-accident car.

1566356947215.jpg

1566356949231.jpg

1566356950505.jpg

1566356965283.jpg

1566356975909.jpg

1566356978423.jpg

1566358213026.jpg

1566358218117.jpg

1566358227982.jpg

1566358275657.jpg

1566358278630.jpg

1566358280550.jpg

1566358284292.jpg

1566358596884.jpg

1566358610782.jpg

That looks quite good! You are beating me to it! I’ve got my eye on a local car but I’m waiting to hear back from the dealer.

Theres minimal surface rust on that car that you’ve just posted pictures of, I’d say get it. 

Happy with the price? Books and paperwork?

No, stay away from this one! lol.  It's SO hard to find clean series 1's.  You can choose any one though, you're not stuck to a series 1...so lucky.

I'm trying to pick this one up but the language is hard so I have a buddy from Hiroshima helping.  When you talk to local Japanese dealers, try to use google translate and write to them in both English and Japanese.  It helps out a bit. If you only write in English, they may not response.  Bigger international dealers are fine though, but the local mom and pop shops that don't export don't really speak English. 

The price for the one I'm looking at is better than current market pricing.  It's a one owner car but they don't have all the records. They don't have a certificate for the meter change but some sort of record saying it was done at 600km's.  I'll probably take the car to Prostock after I get it (if i get it) and get a real records book produced.  This one was garage kept though so I think that's why the rust is minimal.  I like the OG CD changer too lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Underneath is good. Buy it.

This all makes me feel warm and fuzzy about it.  I'm working on it, just waiting for the dealer to send over a sales contract!  Things move a bit slower in Japan.  They like paper a lot.  I'll keep you posted!  Thanks for checking it out too!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

I gotta go with the consensus here... it's a good looking car. It's in amazing condition. Time for a PPI and a deposit. emoji16.png

Deposit placed! Stoked! Thanks all for helping me in this competitive bncr33 market here in Japan! I'll update you with my own photos in the near future! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hella_GTR said:

Deposit placed! Stoked! Thanks all for helping me in this competitive bncr33 market here in Japan! I'll update you with my own photos in the near future! 

Looks amazing underneath there. I'd love to see photos/details as well, I just missed this due to work in the past few days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sirx5 said:

Congrats, hope it all goes through for you. Now it’s my turn. HELP

Dude yeah its hard to find clean ones here and even when you do you need to jump on it. Luckily my current job here is behind a computer so I can keep refreshing the goo-net, yahoo, and carsensor websites. This one was not on goo-net so when you search, check at least goo net and yahoo. Some dealers seem to pick and choose what listing service they use. This dealer does not speak English either so be prepared to have a method of talking to local dealers. I got their Line app info and used Google translate to talk to them and had my friend in Hiroshima call them in nihongo. But you're in Australia (I believe) so I think you cna find one there unless you want a fresh one from Japan. 

2 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

Looks amazing underneath there. I'd love to see photos/details as well, I just missed this due to work in the past few days.

Thanks man all good! Once I get to the car in person I'll take some detailed photos. Hopefully I don't find anything worrying but it's looking rather solid, as you said. Sometimes non-GTR dealers don't know what they have and price the car lower than the current market. But GTR specialty shops are a more reliable way to buy a clean car. Thanks for all the help, we'll have to meet up in CA one day. CA license plate r33's will be rare. Now I just need to get over the look of the series 1 steering wheel lol.