• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Totima

R34 GTT Offset & Tire Advice

Hey guys,

I'm new to this kind of stuff and this is my first performance car really so I was wondering if I could grab your guy's advice on my setup.

I picked up some Raygram light's 57DR's and was wondering if my setup would sit okay with my R34 GTT Coupe.

Rim size is 18x.8.5 + 38 all around. Was thinking of doing 245/40/18 on the rears and 225/40/18 on the fronts for tires.

Would this look okay and will it sit well at all? Would I need spacers for the front or do you think they'll clear fine?

Should I go for different tire sizes? Any type of advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Totima

They will be very close at the front.

I have 18x9 +30 on my car (i.e r34 GTR rim size and yours compare like this)

image.png.f7b5f48b96a0ba3d811938bdcd64cf7e.png

The inside edge of my wheel is perilously close to the upright arm at the front. Enough that 1.6mm more would make me nervous, but you MIGHT be able to get away as you are using a skinnier tyre relative to the rim than I am. In my scenario it is the tyre itself that is close to the upright. The amount of camber you choose to run could also play a part here. You'd almost want *less* to keep that tyre away from the upright.

If you've already picked them up... the only thing to do is test it. You may at worst need a tiny spacer on the front, basically. The outer edge will clear and actually sit pretty far inside for most people's tastes.

I feel you'd be able to get the same with tyre front/back with whatever you choose, for ease of rotating wheels/tyres around.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

They will be very close at the front.

I have 18x9 +30 on my car (i.e r34 GTR rim size and yours compare like this)

image.png.f7b5f48b96a0ba3d811938bdcd64cf7e.png

The inside edge of my wheel is perilously close to the upright arm at the front. Enough that 1.6mm more would make me nervous, but you MIGHT be able to get away as you are using a skinnier tyre relative to the rim than I am. In my scenario it is the tyre itself that is close to the upright. The amount of camber you choose to run could also play a part here. You'd almost want *less* to keep that tyre away from the upright.

If you've already picked them up... the only thing to do is test it. You may at worst need a tiny spacer on the front, basically. The outer edge will clear and actually sit pretty far inside for most people's tastes.

I feel you'd be able to get the same with tyre front/back with whatever you choose, for ease of rotating wheels/tyres around.

Thank you ! I may just run 10mm spacers in the front then and stick with my original 225/40/18 tyre size for the front's as well. Would it be necessary for me to run spacers in the rear at all?