• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
jvtji

A few questions for my S1 Stagea

S1 Stagea AWD Auto RB25DET

Current mod wishlist right now:

• Kinugawa TD06SL2-25G/HyperGear ATR45SAT Internally Gated
  • GFB Respons Bov
  • JustJap Intercooler Kit
  • Walbro 255/Bosch 040
  • Splitfire Coils
  • 1000cc
  • Z32 AFM
  • 3inch zorst

Are there any news with ECU tuning? From forum research, it's probably best to go with Greddy eManage. Are PowerFC possible now with autos?

Also, how much output am I to expect from this setup? My goal right now is 200 awkw. Possibly 250awkw but I've heard the auto trans might need some work after 200awkw.

Edited by jvtji
1000cc added to the list.

200rwkW is possible (just) without a turbo upgrade. The turbos you have mentioned are good for >250 and will be wasted at ~200.

There are better, more modern, less noisy pumps these days. Mostly Walbros still. Worth considering other options.

If you're buying 1000cc injectors, make sure that they are really good ones. You won't be needing that much capacity for your power targets, but you will need good ECU control over low pulsewidths. There are bad choices of injectors out there with poor matching, poor low pulsewidth spray patterns, etc.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

200rwkW is possible (just) without a turbo upgrade. The turbos you have mentioned are good for >250 and will be wasted at ~200.

There are better, more modern, less noisy pumps these days. Mostly Walbros still. Worth considering other options.

If you're buying 1000cc injectors, make sure that they are really good ones. You won't be needing that much capacity for your power targets, but you will need good ECU control over low pulsewidths. There are bad choices of injectors out there with poor matching, poor low pulsewidth spray patterns, etc.

Any ECU you can recommend ?

I have 1000cc injectors ready to be installed already. Unsure of the brand as I bought it off a mutual friend who ended up selling his skyline. Time will tell I guess with how these injectors perform.

E Manage is a very second rate solution. I wasted many dollars on parts and tuners trying piggy back options. You should resign yourself to the fact that you will end up wanting a manual box and a Link computer. If you realise that's where you are going to end up the sensible thing would be to do the manual conversion first. The better solution would be to find a manual S2 instead but that's probably not going to happen as they are pretty rare.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

I don't think you can Nistune an S1 Stagea ECU. Same-ish as R33, no?

Oh whoops - forgot to clarify I've got an S2 Stagea with a NEO RB

In that case.....Nistune is great. Runs an RB properly. There are some extra hurdles to jump sometimes, particularly with Neos, because the factory ECU started to get loaded up with extra sensors and protections that need to be worked around. A Link, or any equivalent aftermarket ECU will be able to do things that you just can't do with Nistune, like run auxiliary shit, extra boost control function, etc etc. By the same token, the Nissan ECU can penetrate the noise you get in the Nissan CAS signal far better than Haltechs can - because Nissan are responsible for both halves of the system and put a lot of effort into filtering the noise. Effort that Haltech probably haven't, because Haltech have to make their stuff work with a zillion CAS types. And where I know Haltech is not as good in that area, it is fair to assume that others, like Link, might suffer compared to the stocker. There's compromises to the left and to the right, regardless of which path you choose.

I spoke to a shop yesterday and was told that Haltech's on their final stage of developing a software for their Elite Series that can control an Auto Tran. This is very good news to me as I want to keep the auto for the time being while saving up for a manual conversion. No ETA for software release so far.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, jvtji said:

I spoke to a shop yesterday and was told that Haltech's on their final stage of developing a software for their Elite Series that can control an Auto Tran. This is very good news to me as I want to keep the auto for the time being while saving up for a manual conversion. No ETA for software release so far.

Damn that would be great news. Currently in the process of starting a parts list for my new S1 and a Haltech Elite was the highest priority but from all my reading and researching, the auto trans keeps getting in the way. 

If you modify the car to any extent the auto will die so manual conversion should be a priority ahead of an aftermarket computer. If you stick a Haltech in your stock S1 you won't even notice any advantage for your $3000+ expenditure (and I am sceptical that it will happen any time soon).