SAU Community

200 wear Semi Slicks

260DET

Taking the 350Z to Challenge Bathurst , 20 minute sessions, and this time rather than run true semi's I've decided to try something that will still work if it's wet. After a lot of research the Falken Azenis RT615+ seems to be one of the best but it appears that Falken don't bring in the bigger sizes in 18" WTF. Federal  595 RSRRS-RR are the current version of the venerable 595  but I have no idea where they are in the grip heirarchy now. Anyone with recent experience with these or others?  If there is interest I'll give feed back.

Edited by 260DET

I've run Hankook RS-3 with a 200TW on my old S15... running 2000rwkws

I was finding them relatively good but I wasn't all out for a 15 minute session, typically I would do a cool down lap per session (2.30 laps)...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 260DET said:

Present short list is Hankook Ventus RS4, Bridgestone Potenza RE71R and Falken Azenis RT615K+. Bridgy's are a bit on the expensive side.

I wouldn't call the RS4 a semi, good dry street tyre yes, semi no.

In saying that I've used them on the track with my old 33 and MX5, IIRC they preformed good on the 1000kg MX5, and OK on the 1550kg 33.

Opinions may vary 

The Falkens are only available up to 265 wide, with 10 and 9.5" rims wider would be better for my heavy biatch. Any alternative suggestions for Bathurst?

Nengun list 18" A050's at ~ $1000 EACH and no wider than 265 LOL.

Do they HAVE to be 200TW? If not, Nankang AR1. Failing that, any of the 200TW options are okay. I personally think the RS4's are the best bet for value right now.

Nitto do wider sizes than 265 (as do Hankook) if a 285 or 295 is more suitable those are other options. But I would say that if you really want 295 then you may as well get something better than 200TW to do it with.

A Dunlop DZ03 or Yoki A050 would be far superior wet and dry, and they both go up to 295 wide.  Nengun must be making some sweet sweet profit, as they retail closer to $600ea in Aus

Yeah, Albion Motorsport have quoted $619 each for 265/35/18's which suit my 9.5 and 10" rims. Will check with Dunlop to see what they have but this time I want a fun tyre with plenty of feedback. Will have a look at the RS4's.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

obviously nothing better... I'm damn sure there is alot better I have yet to try, just giving some user experience feedback to the oP :). I should've pointed out my RSRs are softer ones. after reading this thread i cannot seem to find replacements for them them stocked anywhere.. did they stop making them? there only seems to be like 200tw or there abouts. where is the 93W-140s?

Edited by SilverECR33
correction