SAU Community

Modify Cage/Start Fresh?

No Crust Racing

Building a decent engine and am tossing up a roling shell vs making changes to the current car (as I need a different box, maybe tubbed, cage upgrade, 5 stud conversion, brake upgrade etc) and one thing I'm unsure about is what to do with the cage situation. 

Car currently has a welded single piece half cage with a diagonal in the back stays and the main hoop plus a harness bar. It's bolted down to welded plates in the car. So maybe a bit better than your average bolt in half cage?  

I'm not competing at the highest level and if I do keep this chassis had considered the following options.

- Have current cage modified with front legs/side intrusion and some basic roof bars. 
- Full AGI bolt in. 
- Find a rolling shell that has all the other gear including a full cage. 

Is it feasible to have an existing cage modified in that way or does it just turn out costing as much as a full bolt in? 

Current Cage, yes that rear firewall hole and parcel shelf is now sheeted in. 

1380456_10152275579614838_1750440913_n.jpg.e82b7abd3161abc27020c1f4f76ef104.jpg

It's going to be approved I assume, really what Bob said because we are not in a position to see if it can be the basis for an approved/decent cage. If it is then I'd get it extended assuming that would be the cheapest option

• Like 1