SAU Community

Nürburgring Nordschleife Touristenfahrten

Alex787B

Hey mate, thanks for your feedback !

Indeed, I need to find a better way to put the camera. I don't have a lot of accessories so if I want the driving to be seen on the video I have to place it there despite the mirror... Otherwise I have the windshield view, but it's way less interesting. I'm also considering the helmet view but not sure it will be pleasant to watch (too much moves). Will try it next time !

You are also right concerning the rev range. To be honest I try not to push too hard on revs because the Skyline's still running stock ECU. I don't know if that adds any safety or not because the car still runs OK, wastegate is calibrated to open @0.5 bar and AFR is good, but I believe it might be preferable not to push too hard before I get it properly mapped.

Hahaha well I'll suggest that to him next time, thanks for your input mate xD

DTM day at the Ring yesterday :)

No videos but some quick pictures. That was a really cool day, we arrived just at the beginning of DTM championship race. Audi won it by far, then we assisted to a classics race with a lot of E30 BMW M3s that I enjoyed a lot, being also a BMW enthusiast :)

48742453631_1c8642e59e_z.jpg.a2bb6109a998ac28e57da50ec32407bb.jpg

48742635292_ca582fc57f_z.jpg.81fd2606c42c1cab0684f17877da04a2.jpg

48742124008_37992b041f_z.jpg.40dcdd397ac231da3860ca09f75e2dee.jpg

48742453516_22748ef975_z.jpg.4c8056d9e500ea37bc7fbf0ee019ba80.jpg

48742123908_76e3c4303a_z.jpg.5737f3cc7210c4699caaf7ef5a000b7a.jpg

48742453651_5a9dba4a79_z.jpg.64a4940fd410a33fe856784f8fad75dd.jpg

48742124058_9271eaf32e_z.jpg.09edb002c6572fcd663ab6d4b34945cf.jpg

48742124003_dcbac72a10_z.jpg.38f9521257e93fe6b1fd323c453318d6.jpg

On 9/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, Alex787B said:

EDIT : also, sorry guys but my girlfriend's on holiday, so I took my biker bud to replace her as a passenger haha

Unacceptable!!! lol

On 9/13/2019 at 6:58 AM, GeeDog said:

- at least get your mate to wear shorts

as a minimum. 

I've DM'd you Alex. Good to see you still at this. I really, really enjoy watching your videos. I already was watching people lap the ring, but it's super cool to see a 33 doing laps. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve85 said:

I've DM'd you Alex. Good to see you still at this. I really, really enjoy watching your videos. I already was watching people lap the ring, but it's super cool to see a 33 doing laps. :)

Thanks a lot mate - answer sent :)

Sorry for not posting some thrilling laps, I know experienced drivers will say I'm slow, and that's totally true haha

I just prefer to progress at my own pace, think about safety first and most important thing at the Ring, stay humble & keep my feet on the ground  :)

Edited by Alex787B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex787B said:

I just prefer to progress at my own pace, think about safety first and most important thing at the Ring, stay humble & keep my feet on the ground  :)

Good attitude man. Keep them coming no matter how slow! :D
People who don't subscribe to this find their car in the fence after half a lap (and I'm told that's super expensive).

• Like 1

Exactly mate. A lotta people focus on laptimes and tend to go beyond their limits - that's how drama actually happen. And yes it can become a financial disaster - you pay for the trailer, the track closure time, the security rail you've hit, the security rails supports that go into the ground if you hit them, damage done to the track (spills cleanup, etc), ... four digits on the bill in most cases. And all of that doesn't include damage done to your own car, other people's cars, yourself (physical & mental damage), others, etc...

Edited by Alex787B
  • Like 1