SAU Community

Winefuelled 24hr lemons r32 (cut the roof off)

fatz

Just now, ActionDan said:

See, diesels are shit ;)

Ha ha.  Having started my apprencticeship doing valve clearances on Holden Rodeo's I do tend to agree on old (ie Toyota) technology engines.  I forget all my hate when you see what a modern one can do.  We've delivered 3 Audi SQ7's this year with the 320kW 900Nm diesel V8 in them.  Now THAT is a diesel engine it's hard to hate on!  Sounds good, goes good and surprisingly good fuel efficiency if you realise the throttle isn't an on/off switch.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shoota_77 said:

Ha ha.  Having started my apprencticeship doing valve clearances on Holden Rodeo's I do tend to agree on old (ie Toyota) technology engines.  I forget all my hate when you see what a modern one can do.  We've delivered 3 Audi SQ7's this year with the 320kW 900Nm diesel V8 in them.  Now THAT is a diesel engine it's hard to hate on!  Sounds good, goes good and surprisingly good fuel efficiency if you realise the throttle isn't an on/off switch.....

I'd be tempted to drive it... just to check it out you know ;)

I've looked at Q7s lots of time for some reason. 

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

I'd be tempted to drive it... just to check it out you know ;)

I've looked at Q7s lots of time for some reason. 

I've got an SQ7 on a boat docking in a few weeks.  Not far from Albury to Shepparton.....

Ahh, yeah 120s were down 20-30kw's on the 1GR used in mine, plus mine is tuned/intake to help a bit.

Still slow, just not "as" slow. 

The 3L piston breaker is f**king anemic and couldn't pull the skin off rice custard. 

A v12 would be sexual. 

I do get down to Shep a bit for work, are you down that way? 

Well well, V6 Amarok... 

Proper overpriced european shitbox with stupid parts and service pricing. The upside is you can look like a king at the job site along with you "Unit" sticker across the back window.

I towed with a new Dmax to an undisclosed location recently with a car on the back and 1200kg trailer, did it well even with boxes on the back.

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

A Camry will tow 1200kg lol 

New Dmax at least looks better than the old one, nfi about how good it is. 

A mate has a DMAX for work and an MUX for home and loves them both. I tried MUX, good value, but drives like a ute. 

1200 + 1600kg car..

Dmax is basic but I would own one over a Ranger......

2 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I was just thinking that... 

Didn't you start the tow thread originally? 

Why is your convertible barbie car going to be on the Haltech series and what ep. 

Like, share and subscribe to find out.... :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2