SAU Community

Questions about my r34 gtt

Hudson

Hey guys!

I just bought a manual r34 gtt and i’m absolutely loving it.. but i’ve got some questions

1. The car is fairly stock apart from a HKS intercooler that looks like it’s at the end of its life (the condition isn’t the best, i’ll provide photos)

Would you recommend just buying a whole new kit or just get its refurbished? if so what kit would you recommend

2. After getting the car all checked over.. what modifications should i install first? A list of 1DA9FA28-06F3-4B79-A164-013C1039609D.jpgthese would be greatly appreciated

Can’t think of anymore questions but i’m sure something will pop up and i’ll just ask again!

thank you for your time and help

Tidy looking car.

May well be nothing wrong with the intercooler - just clean up the front and if you are worried, pressure test it.

Incremental mods tend to be a waste of time.

If you want it to go faster look in the RB25 turbo upgrade thread and see how much power you want.

Then open a special bank account and save up the $5k or $8k or whatever depending on what you have decided and do it in one hit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Tidy looking car.

May well be nothing wrong with the intercooler - just clean up the front and if you are worried, pressure test it.

Incremental mods tend to be a waste of time.

If you want it to go faster look in the RB25 turbo upgrade thread and see how much power you want.

Then open a special bank account and save up the $5k or $8k or whatever depending on what you have decided and do it in one hit.

This... good advice!

Do it once... do it right! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! ill check it out..

Would you recommend any way of 'cleaning' the intercooler? 

The intercooler piping looks sheeeit and i was just thinking of sanding it down and hitting it with some primer and spray paint maybe.. 

thanks for your advice, im sure ill have some more questions soon xD