SAU Community

R33 issues

Jake Lawson

Hey Everyone first time posting here. 

So I’m having some dramas with my R33, I went to start it the other day and it won’t turn over just clicked once. Every time I turned the key it’d just click once and not start. So I thought it could either be the starter solenoid, starter motor, battery or bad earth. So I cleaned up the earth in the boot and still nothing, ended up replacing the starter motor and it was fine for a few days then bam same thing again? So I haven’t load tested the battery yet to see if it dropped a cell or it’s just buggered. If it’s not the battery I don’t have a clue as to what it could be.

thanks everyone. 

Jake. 

14 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Better than even odds it's the battery. Been cold lately?

So you think it could be the battery? And no not really mate hey, I went to start it in the middle of the day and it wouldn’t start unless I roll started it. It won’t even just start. 

After checking connections I would have tested the battery before replacing anything. If you don't have a multi-meter take it to a battery shop and they will test it for nothing (and sell you a new one if you need it).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

After checking connections I would have tested the battery before replacing anything. If you don't have a multi-meter take it to a battery shop and they will test it for nothing (and sell you a new one if you need it).

It was reading fine voltage wise, but I know they can drop a cell easily and cause issues. But I’m going to take it in for them to load test it to see if that is the drama. 

Thanks mate