• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

15 hours ago, Tobz said:

Yep let me know :) I’m heading back end of September for a private day with the 86/BRZ club (used to have a supercharged 86)

I often recommend supercharged/lightly turboed 86's around the 200kw mark for being a perfect little combo of track car/fun hill car/daily, at least to the point where one's skillz are the limiting factor which would be the case until you're a GT driver one would think.

How do you feel it stacks up vs your 34?

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

How do you feel it stacks up vs your 34?

The supercharged 86 was good, very nimble and predictable. But I actually bought an RX8 as a track car before the 34... having an underpowered, NA car was fantastic as it made you focus on getting your braking right and carrying as much speed through the corner and getting on the throttle early. It really taught me heaps and because you don’t have the power it really focuses you on getting the basics right. Also made me really appreciate a hood suspension setup as sway bars, shocks and tyres really brought the times down. Had it for 5 years and then replaced it with the R34.

im happy I didn’t go straight to the r34 as the car control I learned in the RX8 has been critical I’m not killing myself!

whats annoying though is my time around Wakefield in the RX8 was a 1:11 and I’ve only just matched that in the skyline. So I know I have a lot to learn in the r34 and how to maximise the power.

EA94BF7F-5513-4015-8AC5-07C934A1A127.jpeg

Edited by Tobz
  • Like 1

The reason I asked is cause I noticed you had a pretty serious sim setup, including DD wheel and if you go to that level you quickly realise how much driver mod is a thing, and then noticing where chassis are good and chassis that aren't good tend to shine. Even if it's a sim, but I know you know what I am talking about!

I'm also hoping the R34 isn't just a shit platform, given the 86 and RX8 are generally considered to be excellent.
Please provide re-assurances for various shit life choices, thanks

7 minutes ago, Darmanin10 said:

Hey mate, what brake lines did you end up going with for the evo brembo and alpha omega adapters? 

The lines were provided by Alpha Omega, they are a braided stainless line. Work well

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

The reason I asked is cause I noticed you had a pretty serious sim setup, including DD wheel and if you go to that level you quickly realise how much driver mod is a thing, and then noticing where chassis are good and chassis that aren't good tend to shine. Even if it's a sim, but I know you know what I am talking about!

I'm also hoping the R34 isn't just a shit platform, given the 86 and RX8 are generally considered to be excellent.
Please provide re-assurances for various shit life choices, thanks

Yep the reason I got the sim was to learn the tracks before I go on them :) I noticed the sim really helped me learn the tracks and lines and how to use the whole track to get the times down. It just meant when I go to a track day I can just concentrate on the car and not learning the best way around. 

and the skyline is great! Currently I got the chassis to feel very similar to the RX8, I was mostly slow at Wakefield as I had no confidence in the brakes... so I was braking way too early