SAU Community

How much is this MR30 worth? info please!.

Kelman

Howdy guys,

Been a member for a while but never posted.I found a reasonable condition(Runs, Drives, starts and stops) MR30 here in Adelaide, South Australia.

I need help on identifying what year , model and any other information that would help.

The guy has had it 11 year's and wants to part ways with it. Its a matching numbers car as far as I'm aware but unsure if it has the usual L24 in it. Doing some of my own research they came out with many different engine variations. I know its not a Ti either, but any information would help.

How much would it be worth ball park?

Are these getting harder to find? If so why?, I've had one in the past but don't see them anymore.

Hope Ive explained myself well enough.

Cheers

Kelman

Screenshot_20190711-185144_3.png

Screenshot_20190711-185149_01_2.png

Screenshot_20190711-185305_2.png

Screenshot_20190711-185314_01_2.png

Screenshot_20190711-185344_2.png

Screenshot_20190711-185159_2.png

Edited by Kelman
  • Like 1

In all reality, because it is nothing special, and it is really old, and it is in a moderate state of disrepair, it's not worth much. Cars like that are often exchanged for six pack sized sums, or for the value of the remaining rego, if it had any. So start your bidding at the low hundreds, at the very most.

I wouldn't know how to tell an Exec from a Ti in that era of car, without knowing that the Ti might have certain trim or equipment that the Exec doesn't. Nothing really to tell from those photos. And really, it's would not make any difference anyway. I'm assuming you don't want it for the way it is now. You'd be wanting to clean it up inside, new seat covers or seats, etc. If the Ti had a different (better) intermittent wiper setup over the Exec, then both are really old and crude compared to modern cars anyway, so who's going to be able to tell the difference anyway. Aftermarket stereo gets rid of another possible difference. Different trim strips, badges or mudflaps are another who cares? factor. None of it makes any difference now.

Cheers mate I had one back in the day when I got my licence over a decade ago.... I've always liked them and I love my 31's but I haven't seen a 30 for sale for awhile or even on the road.... God knows why?!?.

Looks super cool regardless. Love the '30's

I'm not suggesting you don't buy it. If that's your particular sickness, go right ahead. I was just saying that for the vintage that they are, and the lack of them being particularly desireable to many (any?) people, they don't have any reason to demand more than beer money. On top of that, the difference between a Ti and a base model might be exactly nothing at all in real terms, after 35 years have gone by.

So chuck a pineapple or two at him and then try to find some headlights. Could keep you busy for years!

• Like 1