rb30 turbo choice

Joel0201

Hey guys I’ve currently got a rb30 and I’m gonna boost it, my build plans are

haltech ps2000

highmount with external gate 45mm

na bottom end 

turbo oil pump 

have 660cc injectors night go higher like 1500cc

new timing belt and water pump seals (service shit)

arp headstuds 

Mls headgasket 

wade cam (can’t remeber which one) 

head to be clean and polished pep pro racing valves new steams and heavy duty vavle springs

intank walbro 460 runing to a surge tank with twin 044s 

Got a 3inch dump pipe 

I’m aiming for 300rw kw 

For my turbo choice is where I’m stuck I currently have a gtx3076 0.82r and a gt3540 off a xr6 turbo. 

Which turbo will get me to 300 with my engine build, will the 3076 make it or will I have to go the 35? 

And what kind of safe boost level would I see with the na bottom end on 98 and e85?

1 hour ago, Joel0201 said:

intank walbro 460 runing to a surge tank with twin 044s 

Why would you do that? Just use the walbro.

3076 will do it, but 3540 makes more sense, especially considering you already have it.

300Rwkw is a very conservative figure although it will make for a rapid car. But you won't need half of that gear. Stock manifolds and valves will do it. I would say use the 3076 but you might get bored with 300kw so may as well put the 3540 on. Safe boost level depends on the care with which the engine is put together and the tune but it will be at least twice what you need to make 300kw.

I already have both turbos,

the surge tank it due to the shitty design of holdens fuel tanks (in the vl) I don’t want to risk detention when cornering. 

I have been leaning towards the 3540. 

A lot of the mods are for future proofing the car, I’m restoring it so the fuel tanks out and the intake is off so I figure I don’t ever wanna change shit twice. 

Everything ive listed I already have of another build Hahahah so I’m pretty well kitted at my house for rb30s