SAU Community

235kw Japanese engine in Aus Maxima

Not the best run but watch  when car moves not when engine tachometer rises

13 seconds in car moves at 19 has reached and going past 100 kph 

Had videos of better times but lost when Phone went missing as in left it on the roof and drove off

Im not trying to claim any prizes just amazed at how this supposedly stock maxima which factory rated should be doing 8.5 seconds to 100 is 

Looks about as fast as I'd expect a Maxima to be? Very hard to beleive any of the claimed race results, but ultimately I don't really care. 

I'm only commenting to say you'd have had a better reaction here taking a different route. 

"Got a new Maxima, love it!" and posting some pics = positive commenting from people. 

"Got a new Maxmia, faster than I thought?" = people genuinly trying to help you understand it's specs/details and real world performance.

"235kw Japanese engine in Aus Maxima" + claims of racing cars with SUBSTANTIALLY MORE POWER and either keeping up or winning = redicule. 

Let's be real here, you said 

"Two times in succession reeled in FG XR8 Sprint 100 kph to 230 kph Blown Miami V8 has 650  on over boost 

Lost 10 car lengths when hit gas at 100 kph but slowly reeled him back at 170 gaining rapidly

on phone going I’m coming bro then at 200 up it’s ass saying get the f**k out of the way

Past it at 215 strongly his blower howling"

No it did not. The 10 car lengths sounds right, and then him lifting at 170 or just waiting fo you to catch up if it's a mate. 

Again, let's be real. 

Even if your Maxima has a "special" VQ, the best street VQ setups getting around barely crack 230-240rwkw (just over 300-320rwhp) - with ALL the fruit which would be very obvious in an engine bay. Who knows, maybe a hair more on e85 if someone is that stupid. 

Not only would you have HALF the power, you would have FAR LESS torque VS a blown V8. Which means as speeds rise and torque is more essential the gap would be WORSE. 

There is nothing at all beleivable about that story, nothing at all. Sasha Anis has one of the best NA VQ setups in the world and still less power than the FG and it's so heavily modified that one look at a picture of it can tell you that it's making power. 

I love the idea of rare and factory special cars, they exist, it's amazing to find one in the wild, but Nissan had NOTHING available at the time your car was made to bring it anywhere close to the performance of the cars you claim. Even current VQs are no where near the performance of the cars you are talking about and you're talking about doing it with a 4spd auto. 

If you are really sticking to your guns on these stories, go to a drag strip and post a slip. This should be an easy 11-12s car based on what it's beating. A stock XR8 sprint will do an easy flat 13 at 110--15mph so you should be substantially faster than that. 

Which is weird, because in your video after 13s, you are barely touching 160, and that FG is doing 180 (and it's stock). 

Also, a stock XR8 sprint has 400kw on overboost, at the engine, which is around 520hp. No idea where you got 650 from? I assume you misread the a spec sheet and mistook the 650Nm of torque as its power figure. 

Can you see why nobody beleives what you're saying? You're not the first or the last to come here and make big unsubstantiated claims then never back them up. 

I'm ashamed for typing so much so I'm unsubscribing now :)

Enjoy the car. 

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Aus Max j31 said:

Ok to all who have commented

No timeslips no photos no proof

Accepted not here trying to prove anything It exists

Same as Hokden Australia placed L34 spec heads on 1974 Hj PRE pollution 308 motors but only  in Statesman and Monaro

Those motors had 275 hp plus same as 350 Chevy and kept up easily with them

Point being one of a few Aus J31 maximas with factory tinkering or as Nissan techs say maybe a Frankenstein 

Infiniti G35 bottom end with Aus top end

VQ35 engine number ending in A

No disrespect but The VQ35 de is underrated as it’s expensive to unlock the power 

Nissan Japan created my Maxima 

maybe by mistake or possibly intent

It is a beautiful feeling watching the faces of people in modified or expensive high performance cars as my J31 pulls away from them

Current Kia Stinger

0 to 100 Maxima touching bumpers at 100

1 car length and done 3 to 5 times

Even when Maxima had burnt out O2 sensors and was drinking 21 Litres per 100 klms

Running With petrol smell flooded completely

well Stinger from Dig only 3 car lengths ahead

Gt mustangs I’m 2 to 3 car lengths ahead at 100

Heres a shocking one

Holds 17 to 18 Audi Rs 3 to about 60 koh

then Rs3 just explodes learnt my lesson on that one

Bur same drag done Twice with Rs3 driver then sling comes 17 Mustang GT 

We both smashed him from a dig

He wouldn’t run us again and Rs3 driver was laughing at next set of lights

Ive had loads of guys I’ve beaten motion to me to open my window after running them

Saying is it boosted Nitrous etc

Evo Guy I worked with was shocked saying it doesn’t make sense not many guys keep up or get near him 

We had done 3 dig pulls in a side street to 90 kph

He beat me but only by 1to 2 car lengths each time

We then went out onto main road and ran from 80 to 150 same result 2 car lengths and closing

Fg xr6 turbos non modded 

Hangs with them and always a car length in front from a dig to 100

They are the most shocked but intrigued by the Maxima and often pull over to talk and see under my bonnet

Nissan got it right whatever they did

I have stock exhaust No tuning or chip

I have removed the front air intake over radiator to help breathing

Big difference and throaty air intake sound 

Only slight difference is the engine rumbles a little at idle like slightly larger cam profiles 

Also hates anything less than 98 Ron fuel like seriously hates it so suspecting slightly higher compression than stock

If the motor had been rebuilt who knows 

older guy who owned it may have had it rebuilt after starving it of oil due to their consumption issues

It did have three broken engine mounts and two cvs were shot when I bought it with only 100,000 klms on the clock 

Maybe the old guy who owned it had some fun too

Is this a poem?

• Haha 1

So many doubters

Posted one video of car in Drive doing what I believe to be somewhere between 6 and 6 and half second run

Bogging down on take off due to traction control kicking in and pulling hard past the 100 to 165 but no one has commented

No point in discussing further

Xr8 sprint clearly beat me on take off

Did two runs from 100 to 230 against it

Yes my mate who owns the Golf GTi was driving it and both times he said wtf as I reeled it in

Max gets into low fives with good launch and Cold temps 

Ive seen plenty of quicker cars but This thing is well outside the factory specs or testing 

Good luck to everyone

Drive it down a a strip, put it on a dyno.

who says your speeo is accurate, if you want a chest beating session stories don't cut it around here

Save them for the kids at work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Found OPs youtube account. 

that video was 1:25 too long... god drag racing is f**king boring... at least the guy had Bollywood movie playing in the console for some real entertainment.

• Haha 2

Video looks exactly like a stock J31 4sp, unless the video was is slow motion, 0-100 in around 7sec is typical for a stock J31 (no idea where you are getting the 8.5sec figure from, maybe the Asian J31 VQ23DE powered version?), engine sound is also typical.  I have a stock J31, so I know what they sound like and how they accelerate.

No more stories, As said, post pics of the engine bay and drag strip results or it is all still just a story.

Edited by sonicii
  • Like 1

nah, the last video, you can hear the slight wheel chirp (which a stock J31 will easily do if mashing the throttle), just as the video time cracks 9sec, the needle passes 100 as the video cracks 16sec.  Hardly an accurate measurement, but that is all the OP has given us to go off at this stage.

Then onto about 150 at the 21sec mark just before they back off.

The first video you can see the rpm rise just before the speedo does at 11sec, then cracks 100 at about 18 sec.

0-100 is 7sec is probably fairly good for a 15+ year old Maxima, but not out of the bracket of normal.