SAU Community

Defected, need some help

1 hour ago, thenixtone said:

Hey guys,

So I was defected tonight lol, for my 50/50 blow off valve and carbon fiber bonnet.

How easy is it to fix the bov problem / what would i need? I have no idea..

Cheers..

How a out a stock blow off valve ?

man I am smart. Why are you confused?

• Like 1

I'm making like 19psi, arent the stock ones rated to 8psi or something??

Well no, the stock one isn't rated. But have you considered swapping stuff to get the defect off then putting it back on after?

I think it has been done before, a cheeky little trick car guys do.

• Like 1

"

3 hours ago, thenixtone said:

what would i need? I have no idea..

loooool...you don't have ANY ideas? not even one? like putting fkn stock parts back on to clear the defect??

I know, i'm a genius, a real out of the box thinker.

Only really 2 options

1. Easy cheap fix

Stututututu

2. More expensive fix with the added benifit of reliability = LS swap 

Seriously, if you have maaaaad pipe work and "stuff" post a pick of what you have so people know what you are dealing with

Go option 1 

14 hours ago, thenixtone said:

Hey guys,

So I was defected tonight lol, for my 50/50 blow off valve and carbon fiber bonnet.

How easy is it to fix the bov problem / what would i need? I have no idea..

Cheers..

Hello thenixtone,

I think some places do full recirculation blow off valves. I think they got you on venting to atmosphere. Have a quick look at turbosmart webpage. 

And maybe visit a wrecker to get your hands on a factory bonnet. 

Sounds like you got a lot of leniency, count your blessings bruv.

13 hours ago, thenixtone said:

I'm making like 19psi, arent the stock ones rated to 8psi or something??

Are you talking about your BOV or your wastegate?  I think you have the two confused.

A std BOV will work for your setup just as easy as some aftermarket setup, just won't look as bling!!!

2 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Anyway good work, acting dumb can help with cops, good work staying committed.

I don't have any stock parts as the car came like this, so rather than waste money on stock parts that aren't good enough, I'd want to get the right thing. 9k posts and shitting on people with less experience, gotta love the community, not the first time you've been a tosswank on here though is it

So what is your actual question? The Problem you can't figure out? You want to find a plumback blow off valve to suit 18psi?have you tried at all or just hoping others will read your mind and tell you exactly what to do.

Your post really doesn't say much, certainly doesn't imply you want to fix things properly and not just do a stock swap over.

If this is your first time with a defect get ready for a world of pain on inspection.

55 minutes ago, thenixtone said:

I don't have any stock parts as the car came like this, so rather than waste money on stock parts that aren't good enough, I'd want to get the right thing. 9k posts and shitting on people with less experience, gotta love the community, not the first time you've been a tosswank on here though is it

So what is your question?  Is it will a stock bov work with the tune and/or boost level you have?

If the answer is more than your boost level then get a stock item.

If the answer if vague and or lower then in the olden days people used BOV's from GT-R's which can look pretty stock.

I dont know the answer as I have no clue what motor you have.

I suspect that the bonnet and the bov will be the tip of an unhappy iceberg when the car gets properly inspected, however.

While I dont disagree with your point above it helps to give some context to your questions.  This being th einternet things can get misconstrued and more information helps make it look like whoever is asking the question will make an effort to follow through with a solution.

You want help ask sensible questions and listen to the answers.

Stock bov is good enough.

Metal bonnet is good enough. Carbon fibre bonnets are considered a danger (do the research to find out why). 

2 hours ago, thenixtone said:

I don't have any stock parts as the car came like this, so rather than waste money on stock parts that aren't good enough, I'd want to get the right thing. 

that's somewhat fair enough, but it's best to do some research and try to help yourself first though. It's not a 'new guy' thing though, plenty of newbies on here get good help n advice. 

And if you drive a modified car, getting pulled off by the cops (off the road, i mean) is always a risk. Check over your car, see what mods it has, check the NCOP and see if you need to change it or get a mod plate, or run the risk and accept the consequences. 

The Turbosmart plumb back Kompact Bov for a RB25 is what you want.

Alternatively, swapping a stock one on for the inspection is an issue. If you want 'performance' over the stock BOV and the ability to never worry again about legalities, at the cost of 'wooshy sounds' the kompact plumb back is what you want,

• Like 2