SAU Community

Diff bush replacement

LesF

Hi, I have a 2010 370GT skyline coupe, CKV36, with a ruptured differential bushing.  The local Nissan dealers tell me their answer is to replace the entire sub-frame, which includes considerable man hours, on top of the parts costs.

It all looks identical to the G35/G37 Infiniti, as described in the below YT vid,  where there is a suggestion that an aftermarket replacement bush can be inserted, rather than replacing the entire sub-frame.  What is the preferred way to deal with this?  Has anybody found a satisfactory alternative bush and successfully had it replaced?

Given that Whiteline have a poly bush kit (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Whiteline-Rear-Diff-Mount-Front-Bush-For-Nissan-Skyline-V35-V36-Stagea-M35/192741676619?fits=Model%3ASkyline&epid=1847214044&hash=item2ce04c964b:g:MS0AAOSwOI5dVAQV&frcectupt=true) available, I'd be sure that all the other usual suspects would too. Thus there should be no doubt that you can just flick the old Nissan elastogoosh bush and replace with something else.

Good to know.  I would like to hear some people's experiences with these tho.  The original had two chambers inside the rubber filled with silicone, which would have given a certain amount of movement.  I don't know the effect of going to something firmer or softer.

I have taken the temporary step of injecting some silicone based caulking, which is firm but I expect it will crumble away quite fast.  It seems to have got rid of a slight knock it usedta have anyway.

For the bushings I bought this:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-urethane-rear-differential-bushings-p-10356.html

For removal I bought this:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/transmission-driveline/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-rear-differential-bushing-removal-tool-370z-g37-p-11086.html

I didn't have time to remove it myself but when I had the clutch replaced, had it swapped at the same time.

My old sub frame bushing was well torn. The replacement made a difference. The tool to remove helped as well (I still have my old one, just lost one part of it).

I got it when Z1 Motorsports had a sale.

Edited by ka86

If it is the same as the V35, you can only buy an aftermarket bush for the rear mount, I tried to find rubber bushes, but  had no luck, so Poly bushes might be your only option for the V36 too.

I am not a fan of Poly for a daily either, it falls apart too quick and causes all kinds of squeaks and creaks when it gets a bit dirty