SAU Community

R33 GTS-T Standard Cooler Piping

Birds

Hi all,

Looking for the hard rubber 90 degree elbows that sit just above factory intercooler holes in the R33 GTS-T chassis and connect the factory intercooler to the rest of the intake/turbo piping - the ones most return flow coolers connect up to as well.

Look like this - happy with just one but can take both if you have.

IMG_5765.thumb.PNG.532204d699b70308a7ef15bdd9c050f1.PNG

Most sellers don't seem interested in separating them from factory intercoolers but want to avoid buying a side intercooler when I don't need one.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Birds said:

Awesome, thanks for the link - is that the ID you used?

I pulled the item description from my Ebay purchase history, so yes. It was last year, so my memory is a bit hazy.

The split in the original was interesting - it only opened up under boost, so at idle / low revs it wasn't leaking. Only found it after connecting a testing bung & pressurising the system with compressed air.

5 hours ago, GeeDog said:

I pulled the item description from my Ebay purchase history, so yes. It was last year, so my memory is a bit hazy.

The split in the original was interesting - it only opened up under boost, so at idle / low revs it wasn't leaking. Only found it after connecting a testing bung & pressurising the system with compressed air.

Interesting! It must be a common issue in worn hoses, or simply hoses that aren't designed for boost pressures we put them through. My diagnosis was a bit less scientific...I got fed up with it hitting a wall on boost and overfuelling so I pulled apart the whole intake and inspected. Noticed the tiniest hairline split that opened up sizeably when squeezed. What's annoying is that would have started small and grown, slowly over time robbing me of power until the point where it was so noticeable I surmised an issue...grrr.

Thanks again.

Mine is a track-only car, and I knew when it split- suddenly there was much less top end. Tried to find the leak at the track & couldn't. Got home & hooked up the leak test plug & compressor, and as we increased the pressure it suddenly opened up. When we removed the pressure, the split closed up again & looked like it was perfect. The rubber is pretty hard, and showing it's age.

Yeah I'm not at all unhappy about it haha...it's testament to quality that the rest of the car holds up after 25 years while small things like this hose that would have failed a decade ago on other cars, are only now letting go...after exceeding factory requirements.