SAU Community

Turbo

couchboy

Hay guys

Look at options for a turbo for a rb25det series 1 will be running e85/e50 880cc injector front  mount intercooler, front facing plenum and want to use a wastegate actuator want to get around 400hp mark, what are my options?

Cheers

20190825_161006.jpg

400HP at the fly or at the wheels?

400HP at the fly is ~300rwHP and is not all that much power. You don't need a very big turbo. A moderate highflow from Hypergear is probably the best way to do this (cheap and effective).

400rwHP is ~300rwkW is GTX3076 territory or any of the newer turbos the same size. There are also Hypergear options in this size range, but I think if you're wanting to make that much power you're going to want it to have the best response and you're not going to be afraid to spend money and you're going to have to spend money on everything else anyway (fuel system, ignition system, clutch, diff, brakes, the list goes on).

If it were me, I'd be thinking EFR7163 or the other one about the same size, 7064 I think. Very interesting, but expensive turbos capable of ~550 engine HP. The 7163 is on the smaller B1 frame. The 7064 is on the larger B2 frame and has a funky mixed flow turbine.

The new Garrett G series turbos have things in the same size range, like the G30-550. Also expensive.

Any/all of these will usually f**k you around in that they don't often have a T3 flange option.

• Like 1