SAU Community

R33 GTR - things to consider when buying new rims?

sonic99

42 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

What about...

mx4sd2ehms9z.jpg

Well, the OP asked about wheels for a SILVER car, so I went with black, which is the best option for white or silver cars. Beyond that, those wheels above are too fru-fru for me. What is with that extra ring of material joining the spokes? As a 12 spoke without that ring....they'd be OK.

Wheel preference is like arseholes and opinions. Everyone has one of each and they’re all somewhat different to everyone else’s!  Don’t take this the wrong way but who cares what everyone else likes, go with what you like. Google “R33 wheels” and hunt for days! 

In terms of dos and donts just make sure fitment is spot on ie wheels flush with the guards, they fit your brakes and the rest is just what you like.

1 hour ago, Shoota_77 said:

Wheel preference is like arseholes and opinions. Everyone has one of each and they’re all somewhat different to everyone else’s!  Don’t take this the wrong way but who cares what everyone else likes, go with what you like. Google “R33 wheels” and hunt for days! 

In terms of dos and donts just make sure fitment is spot on ie wheels flush with the guards, they fit your brakes and the rest is just what you like.

No! The rule against 3 spokes is universal!

I use Forza for this question. If you have an xbox it's worth it just so you can check the styles of wheels you want...

But my two cents for a silver car is: 

White 19" TEs

White LMGT1s

Gold BBS "Split Spokes"

Also don't underestimate how good R34 GTR rims looks on 33s.