• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hey guys

Used the search function to bugger all avail.  Question, Is there a thread someone knows about that shows someone retro fitting a C4 behind a GTS-t R33.  I may have been using the wrong search terms but did search for a while..

If anyone knows any that would be great. Looking to run a C4 for drag strip purposes.

Cheers

Yes its been done - just use Google

This is one but there is a more recent one around somewhere

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/150991-c4-auto-into-nissan/

5 hours ago, r33GTS-t-200kw said:

Looking to run a C4 for drag strip purposes.

This is just dumb, use a RE4R03A as found in Z31tt and other nissans, it fits without adapter plates (use R01A bell housing) ,doesn't use frankenstein converter, no panel beating involved, and standard easily handles 600hp+. Only fabrication needed is new front driveshaft section and manual valvebody with transbrake for launch. If you have more neddies than 600 there are literally dozens of manufacturers around the world who sell upgrade components.Its a far better alternative than a C4, been there, done that, got the R03A. 

Th400, Trimatic, C4 Into A R33 ?

Edited by Rusty Nuts

KiwiRS4T - thanks mate.  I know its been done just wondering if tunnel adjustments for the trans need to be made etc etc before the body comes off the rotisserie.

Rusty Nuts - Cheers for the input.  But I can rebuild a C4 quite easily. I'd assume that the Nissan box would be far more complicated.  Im not worried about having to modify tail shaft and cross members etc etc.  C4 is simple and everyone knows the tricks for them.

EDIT: sorry Kiwi dunno how the hell I did that on the post.

Edited by r33GTS-t-200kw

5 hours ago, r33GTS-t-200kw said:

C4 is simple and everyone knows the tricks for them.

Your car, Your choice mate. I personally have no interest in 60 year old 3speed auto's.