SAU Community

R33 C4 automatic conversions

Hey guys

Used the search function to bugger all avail.  Question, Is there a thread someone knows about that shows someone retro fitting a C4 behind a GTS-t R33.  I may have been using the wrong search terms but did search for a while..

If anyone knows any that would be great. Looking to run a C4 for drag strip purposes.

Cheers

5 hours ago, r33GTS-t-200kw said:

Looking to run a C4 for drag strip purposes.

This is just dumb, use a RE4R03A as found in Z31tt and other nissans, it fits without adapter plates (use R01A bell housing) ,doesn't use frankenstein converter, no panel beating involved, and standard easily handles 600hp+. Only fabrication needed is new front driveshaft section and manual valvebody with transbrake for launch. If you have more neddies than 600 there are literally dozens of manufacturers around the world who sell upgrade components.Its a far better alternative than a C4, been there, done that, got the R03A. 

Th400, Trimatic, C4 Into A R33 ?

Edited by Rusty Nuts

KiwiRS4T - thanks mate.  I know its been done just wondering if tunnel adjustments for the trans need to be made etc etc before the body comes off the rotisserie.

Rusty Nuts - Cheers for the input.  But I can rebuild a C4 quite easily. I'd assume that the Nissan box would be far more complicated.  Im not worried about having to modify tail shaft and cross members etc etc.  C4 is simple and everyone knows the tricks for them.

EDIT: sorry Kiwi dunno how the hell I did that on the post.

Edited by r33GTS-t-200kw