SAU Community

R32 GTS-t RB30 sedan

Looney_Head

• 5 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while.

But my local drag strip had a test and tune on the weekend. So I loaded up the skyline with axles and tools to change them then headed over.

With the setup how it drives on the street my goals were one don't break, and two try for an 11.

And I'm happy we say I managed both of those things, best 60ft over the weekend was a 2.0s, best time for the weekend was a 11.98@124mph. my reaction times were measurable by a calendar but it was a test and tune🤷‍♂️

Here's is my first run of the weekend, it was a 12.1@121

https://youtu.be/X1iakuwiVYo

IMG20201011100352.thumb.jpg.36340033805e94e38878d843a1592b4b.jpg

Edited by Looney_Head

• 1 year later...

its been a year since i updated.

a few things have changed on the car, i managed to get a carbonglass bonnet for the car which was painted black.

after last drags i decided to swap from a 4.363:1 diff to a 3.9:1, that didn't work out due to the 3.9 I had having the wrong bolt spacing on the ring gear. So ended up putting 4.08:1 gears in the diff. This gave a nice increase in gearing but has removed some of the punchiness down low.

After waiting all winter for the drag strip to open covid stopped the first event.

but a mate hired the track for a private 1/8th mile day. the only draw back was the track wasn't preped, and was slippery then a street. this resulted in my car trying to kill me and lighting the tyres at any speed upto and including 200kph, but i managed to get second in our group in the roll racing we did. so won a beer :D 

wellington weather stopped the second event, so this weekend there was finally a break in the weather and there was one day of racing.

first run out i bettered my 11.99@124 with a 11.91@131 my next two runs were 12.69@130 (left the car in second after the warm up skid and tried launching in second at 3200rpm... oops) the other was a 12.53@123 after mis-shifting third.

then went into elimination and missed third again, 12.49@127 that time. my final run of the day and last round before the weather set in i put an 11.9 as my dial in time against a 13.0 for a old firebird.

this time i managed to get third cleanly, but got treed by 0.3 seconds. turns out that didn't matter as i broke out and ran my best time ever.

a 11.846@130mph

11.8.thumb.jpg.38ab6dcbf524c956ec5e0a3ec3a41d04.jpg

there is over 50kph difference in trap speed which was fun to experiance.

so now i have to wait till next year for another shot at the drags, next time i will look to turn up first and second gear as well as the launch and see if i can't improve the 1/8th mile time.

over all extremely happy with how the car went, multiple 130mph passes was fun

• Like 3

On 12/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, Shoota_77 said:

Awesome to see someone actually get their Skyline out and enjoy it!  Looks like she was quite the handful on the wet track, quite the butt puckering experience!

cheers mate.

that was a dry non prepped track lol and yes a few bites at the seat. forth gear got scary lol

• 4 weeks later...

wow so many updates of late. threw the car back on the dyno to see how much we could make after sorting the pump power supply issues.

turns out the demands of E90 was too much for pump to supply so now i am legitimately our of fuel pump. but did manage to get some more timing into the 20PSI tune. a huge thanks to Lithium for his tuning skills.

652212336_Dyno500kw.thumb.jpg.96fd3b7da118943f39b9186735619ba7.jpg

Edited by Looney_Head

On 1/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Shoota_77 said:

500 killer wasps is where the fun begins!

Awesome stuff, it must be insanely fun (scary) with that much power in a RWD car!

lol tbf 450kw with the rb30 torque is more then enough in a RWD street car... I only run 20psi in forth and fifth gear due to traction and gearbox strength lol