SAU Community

R33 Rear Number Plate Light Assembly - Missing

Hi again guys,

I FINALLY got my series 1 BCNR33, which is super clean, and finally got my license plates from Shinagawa land office (crazy difficult and time consuming.  Did all that then bolted up the license plates and got the japanese seal (which must be there) and found out that I have no lights pointing to the license plate above the plate.  I think the photos will help here.  But basically, my car came with those fancy (not my thing but popular here) lighted number plates.  It's like this housing that goes on the back of the license plates that light up to illuminate the license plate numbers.  They use a special license plate for this too.  I mean it's cool if you're into it but i'm not.  But this housing, I think, removes the assembly for the lights above the license plate.  I don't see many R33's around so I don't know what is supposed to be there and what isn't but I need lights to be legal.  Do you guys know what I'm missing, like the part number?  I imagine what I need is going to be hard to find.  The plastic housing with lights inside of it plugs directly into a plug that probably goes to the normal lighting assembly.  Any help is appreciated.  Photos attached!  

I included a photo of the front one so you can see what the that lighted housing looks like.  The red circles are where I think lights should be.  I've also included a sample of what a working lighted number plate looks like here.

Thanks all. 

-Evan

IMG_20190924_173301.jpg

IMG_20190924_173335.jpg

IMG_20190924_173352.jpg

IMG_20190924_173637.jpg

line_1569314146129.jpg

Sample lighted plate number.jpg

Edited by Hella_GTR

On 9/25/2019 at 6:43 AM, joshuaho96 said:

I'm pretty sure what you're thinking of is this: https://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bcnr33/3935-rb26dett/electric/266/26510N/

There should be another body piece though that this clips into, not sure if you're missing that as well. Without references it's hard for me to say.

Hi Josh!

You got it man, that appears to be the lamp assembly I need.  I am going to take the car to Nissan Prince (reputable GTR nissan dealer/shop) this weekend to have them confirm what I need.  They think they can install the lamp assembly without taking the plate off, but I don't think they understand the current setup via the phone.  My biggest pain is that the car is illegal here with no lights (and cops here are very picky, add a Y plate to that and more so), and I need to go back to shinagawa land office to have them re-seal the license plate (the silver cover over the left bolt on the plate is a gov't issued seal).  Pain in the butt but I'll get through it.  I just don't know if I need the 4 grommets too.  Luckily they still make the lamp assembly though.  I'll update you when I know more after this weekend.  Always something to do/fix...

Thanks guys!