SAU Community

Apexi Power FC with controller

Jjtxaz24

Obviously an expensive ecu is the best option by far but the power fc still gets the job done and has a place.

I been running a power fc with my RB3025 at 350kw for years on dedicated E85, its simple and does the job for those that want a simple solution, cost me $600 and a tune.

Most tuners know a power fc and can tune it easily, i personally like the hand controller to look at knock and check sensors although i know the accuracy maybe not perfect.

Just think cost, elite 2500 is 5 times the cost and for a simple street driven 300kw do you really need bells and whistles.

12 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Obviously an expensive ecu is the best option by far but the power fc still gets the job done and has a place.

I been running a power fc with my RB3025 at 350kw for years on dedicated E85, its simple and does the job for those that want a simple solution, cost me $600 and a tune.

Most tuners know a power fc and can tune it easily, i personally like the hand controller to look at knock and check sensors although i know the accuracy maybe not perfect.

Just think cost, elite 2500 is 5 times the cost and for a simple street driven 300kw do you really need bells and whistles.

definitely valid points comparing power fc to the likes of haltech and link etc but if we try say comparing apples with apples, when it comes to price anyway I think it's pretty hard to go past a Nistune vs a Power Fc... Just my 2c anyway...

• Like 1

You'll be silly to discount a Nistune when it has flex capabilities out of the box, not to mention the option of running a single R35 MAF instead of 2x MAFs, etc. as there's a check box to for you to select from.

Look, if you were given the PowerFC for free then sure why not.. but if you had to go buy something within budget, a PowerFC is silly.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up returning the (canceled the order on the FC) and found a couple places here in the US that offered the NIStune. I ordered that and should be here this week. 

My question is. Without having added or done anything besides installing the board onto the ECU and plugging it back into the car. Would I still be able to drive it as normal?

Theoretically, I feel I'd be able to plug it in and still drive the car, but if not I do have the software and the consult cable to be able to see my ECU. 

I dont know how to tune with the NIStune but I have been looking over the website and saw they have various PDFs with tons of info. Basically what I got from it would be just to watch knock and adjust fuel trim since I didnt change anything on my MAFs or injectors and not doing e85.