SAU Community

R34 GT FOUR TURBO ENGINE CONVERSION

Imtorqing

Hey Guys, 

I have an R34 GT Four RB25DE NEO that I recently purchased. I have purchased a C34 Stagea RS Four engine (RB25 NEO DET AWD), front diff and shafts complete with turbos, harness and ECU. 

Has anyone else done a similar conversion as I have a few questions ?

1) Any issues with adapting the DET ECU to existing harness or additional modifications to the harness required.

2) Will the diff and front shafts all bolt up fine. 

I'm picking up the engine this afternoon and just thought I would ask in advance.

Cheers

Will (Imtorqing)

There's almost no differences in the dirty stuff down low (driveshafts, etc).

Is it an auto or manual? If auto, there's possibly a whole range of things that will leap up to bite you on the arse. I think the auto TCU is a separate box on the NAs, whereas it is integrated in the ECU on the turbos.

Do not put the DET ECU into it and attempt to hook it up to the old loom. Pull the NA engine look out all the way from the ECU and replace with the DET engine loom.

The previous owner converted the car to RWD(God knows why), and put a RWD sump on it by the looks (Removed Shafts etc.) Its also been converted to Manual with a R32 GTR Box so shouldn't be an issue there. 

I have taken delivery of the crate engine today which has all the wiring harness all to the ECU so no probs I will pull the NA harness out and put the DET harness and ECU in as by the sounds of it that will be alot easier. 

Ill have a look at the rear diff also to see what ratio it chirped the right tyre when I turned into my driveway so I haven't inspected what has been done to that. 

Cheers for the help