SAU Community

Straight pipe failed wof

Not sure who WOF is, or what state (or for that matter country) you are in to give a more specific answer....but generally no, if you went for a recheck and they saw a removable silencer in the end of your exhaust, I would not expect them to think it was OK (they may suspect you intend to remove it after the check, which I'm sure you wouldn't)

1 hour ago, BASHERnissan said:

my straight pipe r33 failed a WOF for too noisy exhaust. Can I put on of those silencer things on the end to pass the wof or would they want a whole muffler ? 

You can't use those bolt in silencers anymore, get a shop to put in some inline mufflers or get a proper exhaust

Maybe have a normal non-obnoxious exhaust system? 

Then have a straight pipe to bolt up on the track or drag strip.

I hate cars that are loud for no reason, especially under powered clapped out shit boxes.

Gives the rest of the community of car enthusiasts a bad name.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I hate cars that are loud for no reason, especially under powered clapped out shit boxes.

and wannabe 1%er's who ride Harleys with straight thru pipes, wearing 1500 bucks worth of Harley clothing to make up for their dick and balls stashed in their missuses apron.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

and wannabe 1%er's who ride Harleys with straight thru pipes, wearing 1500 bucks worth of Harley clothing to make up for their dick and balls stashed in their missuses apron.

Hairy leather clad men hanging around with other hairy clad men is acceptable practice in this day and age.

It's not my cup of tea but who are we to judge their right to do what they want to do and be what they want to be.

951178432_images(1).jpeg.840f850736273238c83e618a32be4274.jpeg

3 hours ago, mlr said:

Hairy leather clad men hanging around with other hairy clad men is acceptable practice in this day and age.

Not what I was referring to in any shape or form can't imagine your two mates in the happy snap having a missus, where the f**k is your head mate.

2 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Not what I was referring to in any shape or form can't imagine your two mates in the happy snap having a missus, where the f**k is your head mate.

LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BASHERnissan said:

my straight pipe r33 failed a WOF for too noisy exhaust. Can I put on of those silencer things on the end to pass the wof or would they want a whole muffler ? 

An alternative to a bolt-in silencer for the tailpipe is to get an Exhaust Control Valve.

They now come in active as well as manual versions and may help you get through, depending on how much over the noise limit you are.

Bear in mind the butterfly valve remains in the exhaust stream even when set to open,  which you may want to consider if you've gone for a straight pipe from a performance point of view.

12 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Et's a warrunt of futniss.

:laugh:

12 hours ago, J.P said:

An alternative to a bolt-in silencer for the tailpipe is to get an Exhaust Control Valve.

They now come in active as well as manual versions and may help you get through, depending on how much over the noise limit you are.

Bear in mind the butterfly valve remains in the exhaust stream even when set to open,  which you may want to consider if you've gone for a straight pipe from a performance point of view.

:laugh:

Also not legal in NZ sadly

• 2 weeks later...