SAU Community

GTR R35 .... Take the ride

Rockit

Back in the good old days:  https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/10/an-early-nissan-r35-gt-r-is-still-terrifyingly-fast-bends-space-time/

It was recently reported that this now 10 year old design car, costs approx AUD $400k. with on road costs. Because of what it then represented, and my status in life, I have been a regular follower of the marque up at Bathurst in Feb each year. Going up to that race accounts for most of the kms I've travelled in my little V35; (has to be the best value car on the road). I've seen the good and the bad happen to the Nissan, but it is all starting to wear a bit thin now. Perhaps its the Euro influence through Renault ?? I have a couple of euro bikes that I like unfortunately, otherwise I would burn them in defiance,  so as to dis-associate myself from the region, that IMO is having such an adverse undue influence on at least western world politics. Anyway, back on the subject,  I like the analogy with skiing. It may not register with a non skier, not that I was ever much of one. Takes me back a long time in another life,  when I used to go up to Buller.  My skill level progressed up to the stage of being better than just going up and down Bourke Street. Just as suggested in this clip, thought it was time to progress to the other side of the mountain. Started down Bull Run ?? Yeah, that was ok, speed rapidly built up, was soon time to traverse across the fall; ah, but it doing so for a brief moment it is all straight down ...  nah! decided to flick the skis across while laying on my back, and then proceeded across the slope to a point where I could start walking back up to the top.  

• 7 months later...