SAU Community

Hood-Bumper Fitment Gap

Hello gents!

@ThePurpR34 here, so I purchased this R34 GTT earlier this year. I have essentially been tackling the things the previous owner did/did not do to better fit the car to my standards.

According to him it is a front gtr z-tune bumper and z-tune hood YET clearly the fitment is not proper. As you can tell from the picture, the grille part of the bumper seems to be a straight line whereas the hood curves up for the grille area creating the gap.

What kind of hood will fix this fitment issue? From looking it looks as though an oem gtr hood would fix?

Never really introduced myself on these forums, lots in the future for this car so I'll most likely create a thread once it's re-wrapped. Thank you guys for the advice and phenomenal amount of knowledge around these forums!

received_2708017852564604.jpeg

received_756984104745244.jpg

Edited by Thepurpr34

1 hour ago, Thepurpr34 said:

Anyone have any ideas?

Depends.....

If the bumper is made to fit GTT (and therefore not explicitly GTR) and is perhaps intended to be used with the GTT bonnet, and the GTT bonnet has a different shape (lower, flatter) to the GTR bonnet, then that would explain it.

However, seeing as it is probably all one kit to make a GTT look like Z-tune GTR, that might be poor logic. Otherwise, I have no ideas.

Looks like you have a Z tune style bumper for R34 GTT. The bonnet is for a GTR conversion. So you need either to change your bumper to a Z tune GTR type bumper or you could get a GTT bonnet like this one:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/body-kits-mouldings/listing-2344168142.htm?rsqid=73bf4b8f6e2542f4a8ed34684579f0b6-003

Same problem here, I bought the bumper, bonnet and fenders from Luxury sports in NZ and they were a terrible fitment, badly moulded.      I had to do a lot of alterations to the kit. I installed the gtr front reo bar and all the brackets which did help to pick the nose up but it's still not perfect.

IMG_0015_LI.jpg