SAU Community

M35 issues..

Newstageowner

Hey guys. So I’ve recently brought a 2001 m35 with the vq25det.  And slowly a few issues are appearing. 

first off. This morning when I went to start it, it just wound over for a lot longer then usual. Then once started it smelt strongly of petrol. Any ideas? Had started and run fin since. 

2nd. 
I have a shudder in the driveline. I have read a bit on here and think it may be the driveshaft uni to the front. My question is, would this cause, 

a shudder when reversing and turning but not when in a straight line, a shudder under heavy acceleration, and a very slight shudder at around 100km/ph which goes away if I touch the gas. I also noticed that the front Torque gauge bounced with the shudder. 

im unsure if shudders the right description or more of a rhythmic binding of something. I also have a groan that sounds like wheel bearing but they all appear fine, could this be related? 

sorry for the massive post but have researched about as much as I can already, all help and advise is appreciated massively! 

If really cold and left outside over night, I've had mine fail to start on first try. The smell of petrol could be a flood of left over fuel from cranking and failing to kick over.

RE: the shudder - Do you have aftermarket wheels?

On 10/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, LMo13 said:

If really cold and left outside over night, I've had mine fail to start on first try. The smell of petrol could be a flood of left over fuel from cranking and failing to kick over.

RE: the shudder - Do you have aftermarket wheels?

Was no colder then normal on this morning. i did suspect that was the fuel smell but thought it was worth mentioning.

yes aftermarket wheels. Same size all round. 

Check the Attessa reservoir level and then bleed the system at he rear pump and behind the gearbox.

Drop the front driveshaft. Its just four bolts and the car will work fine without it (in RWD of course).

Then you can check the universals for play