SAU Community

At what point are upgraded valves required?

Hi all,

I did a bit of googling and couldn't find anything about when it makes sense to update the exhaust valves to Inconel? 

My engine build is quickly getting out of hand with all of the, 'while I'm at it I'll also do...'

I'm thinking of putting in a set of Supertech valves because I'd like the option of running anti-lag and want it to be as safe as possible. I'm thinking those valves will do a better job of handling the higher exhaust temps.

I'm already doing new springs, cams, lifters, all service items - should I add new valves to the list as well? They aren't cheap at around $1,200, so I want to be confident it's money well spent. 

Cheers. 

I'm not prepared to give up on the anti lag dream. Also, I tune my car myself and it's something I want to learn to setup. 

I'm not saying I'm going to hit the anti lag at every set of lights, it's going to be used sparingly with common sense in mind. 

Ive been running anti lag launch (sensibly if there is such a thing) it's been a couple of years, at least 100 antilag launches performed and had no issues so far. Recently had the head off, valves where good as gold. Had them cleaned and thrown back in. 

Unless your going for huge power it's not really required, if you're going to upgrade anyway, then go bigger. That will at least sort of justify the spend and aid flow and power.