SAU Community

C34 badge & air con

Kylec34stag

Hi first time posting . May sound like a noob, new to the jap car scene.

I've recently bought a 97 c34 stagea. Just have a couple questions that i couldn't get an answer online anywhere.

First; on my front grill my badge instead having the RS4 says 'prestige touring wagon 

Is that a special model of any kind or just a varient of badge?

Second; my original head unit for the wagon is a Japanese touch screen tv, it has the air con buttons to the right of the screen. But cannot get my air con to work in any way. Was wondering if I could plug in a single din climate control unit from another stag?

I'll try upload some pics to make my question easier. 

Thanks in advance.

20191009_095108.jpg

20191009_095120.jpg

Edited by Kylec34stag

6 hours ago, Kylec34stag said:

Hi first time posting . May sound like a noob, new to the jap car scene.

I've recently bought a 97 c34 stagea. Just have a couple questions that i couldn't get an answer online anywhere.

First; on my front grill my badge instead having the RS4 says 'prestige touring wagon 

Is that a special model of any kind or just a varient of badge?

Second; my original head unit for the wagon is a Japanese touch screen tv, it has the air con buttons to the right of the screen. But cannot get my air con to work in any way. Was wondering if I could plug in a single din climate control unit from another stag?

I'll try upload some pics to make my question easier. 

Thanks in advance.

The badge is just a Jap aftermarket item.

Aircon has to be control in the touch screen. 

Best to ask here "Nissan Stagea Owners and Enthusiasts Group" a facebook group

Thanks for the info! Apprecate it.

Yeah the touch screen was shattered when I bought the car, so I took the plastic/glass touch screen film off (attached via ribbon cable) just for a cleaner look. 

When the interior lights go at  on night, all the buttons illuminate apart from the right hand side air con buttons. 

Was kind of hoping I could remove the unit & replace the air con with a single din air con unit from another C34.

I don't have social media so resulting to forums & such.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Kylec34stag said:

Thanks for the info! Apprecate it.

Yeah the touch screen was shattered when I bought the car, so I took the plastic/glass touch screen film off (attached via ribbon cable) just for a cleaner look. 

When the interior lights go at  on night, all the buttons illuminate apart from the right hand side air con buttons. 

Was kind of hoping I could remove the unit & replace the air con with a single din air con unit from another C34.

I don't have social media so resulting to forums & such.

Cheers.

From memory, you can swap the head unit out for a standard din aircon/climate control panel by using some adapter harness. 

I'm not sure where you can get the harnesses but i know a guy who's wrecking a series2 that i have been buying bits and pieces of interior from, he might have the complete climate control set up still. 

PM me if you want and i can put you onto him.