• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Tardo

S15 Spec R conversion to RB26DETT

Soo, looking to re engine an S15 with an RB 26 coupled to an R33 gearbox and drive train. I know S15's have had their RB20DET coupled to an R33 g'box using an adapter plate. The 26 won't need a plate, so I was wondering if it was pretty much a drop in bolt up situation. Anyone have any experience with this conversion?

Tardo

No S15 ever had an RB20 from the factory. You're thinking SR20, and SR20 connected to RB gearboxes is, as you suggest, a tried and true thing to do.

RB20/25/26 into S chassis has been done so many times that you will only find about 13 gonktrillion threads about it all over the internet. Search.

Thanks, GTSBoy, you were correct about the SR20, one too many chardy's! Sadly, that option evaporated. While in the negotiating process, the seller actually came to the conclusion that an RB26 was a good idea and pulled the pin. While internet searches are great, I like , and have found, meeting face to face with guys who have done this mod, to be a better source of free flowing info.

So the project begins. All I have to do is convince the Millennial to get his hands dirty!