SAU Community

Blown Head Gasket?

Pulled the engine out this weekend because I'm upgrading to new turbos and doing a bunch of other needed maintenance.

I noticed a few small leaks on the turbo side of the block which I believe were coming from the valve cover but upon further inspection I'm starting to notice that the head gasket seems to be the spot its leaking at?

My coolant has been in the car for a while and its not murky or brown at all. Oil is also perfectly fine and normal in color after 2000kms. No white smoke or anything on startup or driving. Not really sure where this leak is coming from or if its an old leak that was never cleaned? Although it looks pretty fresh.

Apologize for shitty pictures its the best I could do.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Your can have a head gasket leak oil without it being "blown".

It will be easier to change it now with engine out, but that it is strictly required

Ideally I’d get it machined but I’m not going to have an opportunity to get the car to the shop as it’s being shipped very soon. Do you think putting on another oem gasket should do the trick? 

My cam seals are leaking up front and I’m wondering if the oil could travel back towards that part of the block? That’s just wishful thinking though ?

Edited by jlabsurf