SAU Community

R32 GTR Red "Nismo Style" Stripes

So I'm pretty sure most have seen the Nismo edition R35 with the red striping that ads some flair and definition to lower areas of the car. Looks sharp in my opinion. A lot of R35 owners say that they do it with pinstripe tape if they don't want to shell out for an OEM kit. 

So my question is, has anybody tried or seen something similar on an R32 GTR?  That is, accent striping on the front lip, side skirts, and rear bumper. My imagination says it could work nicely but then again my imagination often betrays me. Throw up some pics if you got them. Might even fiddle around in a Forza livery editor or something!

exterior_01_720x540.jpg.6b87fdd35fba89c7c7fc42c7fb618825.jpgnissan_gt-r_nismo_905.jpg.4e11f70e7fea972a2f9102f73eaad8a0.jpg

Notice that the R35 has sharp edges at the bottom of the tupperware? R32s do not. Pinstriping down there on an R32 would look poxy. There's no "defined" place to put it.

There's a big difference between the more organic shapes of early 90s cars and the sharp edged, arbitrarily creased, multicoloured abominations that are made now.

I'd agree that on a factory 32 the non-angular areas would look odd, especially the rear. But there's some kit out there with more straight edges along the ground that might be able to swing it. 

I wouldn't go so far as to call the R35 Nismo an abomination haha

The 50th anniversary edition with that white skidmark down it's center maybe!