SAU Community

Dash gauges and Speedo not working? Gear stuck in park

Sup fam,

Can anyone help plz!! So my 07 v36 350gt started acting funny yesterday. Turned the car on and clusters, petrol gauge and temp gauge isn't working. Then went to shift out of park but shift lock wont release. Aaaaand theeeeen??, went to turn on aircon and that too is not working... just wondering if any body has had any similar issues and how you went about fixing it. Any info would be much appreciated... might have to change my username to juice box now ???

Thanks 

Yeah I've gone through and checked all fuses in fuse box and in engine next to battery but they seem to be fine. I got the translate app to translate from jap to English. Q. Are there any other fuse or relays I haven't checked or knew existed located in car apart from the obvious?

Well then. There is a manual override for the gear lever. Find it and use it to see if you can get it out of park. As to the rest, either break out the wiring diagram and a multimeter, and go looking for power and earths where they should be, or, take it to an auto eleccy.

• Like 1

Despite not having the dash working, how about the rest of the car's electrics? Doors unlock from the keyfob and whatnot? If so, then if there is a device failure, it could be the A/C+instrument module which is the white plastic module that sits above the headunit. That takes a number of sensor inputs and it drives the A/C controls, instrument cluster and the shift lock solenoid.

I have experimented on my V36 with this unit in the past when I was sniffing around for a parking brake switch wire, and it yielded the same results. So I would be checking to make sure it has power going to it, as well as all the right signals going in and out of it. Get your hands on the workshop manual and go through the list of signals to trace.

Good luck.

Yep everything else functions fine. Key is All good locks, windows, mirrors and all the rest just those problems atm. Man u could be right because that's exactly what's not working. Also the paddleshift stopped same time. Not sure if those are connected to dash gauges and clusters etc. But I'll get a pic up of the dash coz I can't find a white module above the head unit??? 

Thanks for the info. How would I go about fixing? 

7 minutes ago, Juicy_Fruit said:

white module above the head unit???

Inside the dash. Not visible without disassembly.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:41 PM, Juicy_Fruit said:

Yeah I've gone through and checked all fuses in fuse box and in engine next to battery

Going back to this - have to taken them out and put them back in? I have the occasional problem in my R32 where the contact points of the fuses on the terminals get enough corrosion/oxidation on them that they get flaky. Just moving the fuses a bit is enough to fix them for the next couple of years.

• Like 1