SAU Community

Low mount turbo Manifold options

Hi all,

After reading a lot of people making 400+Hp with the stock exhaust manifold, I was told by my tuner that he's never seen rbs with the stock exhaust manifolds go over 350hp no matter the turbo. Ive bought all the supporting mods I need to archieve 400hp but if I'm just limited by that then I'm happy to put a little more money in to get myself up to that power mark.

So I'm on the hunt for a low mount manifold that I can at least use with my stock intake as I don't want to be spending a whole lot more on this build as I want to finish it this year. Is there anything out there I can use with the stock intake with minimal modification?

TIA

You can use a number of turbos that will make over 400ho on the stock manifolds e.g.  Gt3076.

However I would be looking at something from Hypergear - have a look at his thread. What he does like to do sometimes is weld a mount for a wastegate on to the stock exhaust manifold.  Just get your tuner to have a look at some of Hypergears latest products which are often used with stock inlet and exhaust manifolds to make way in excess of 400 hp. Mind you he uses a very good tuner...

e.g. 560 hp on stock manifold (mind you that's on e85, a little less on your pump gas).

image.png

21 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yuh, 400 whp is a piece of piss of the OEM manifold. And more is quite doable with the work described above.

I have read that everywhere but when I said I had seen people making towards 500hp with them the tuner I want go go with outright just said "No you haven't" so it seems with his experience that I just won't make that power at all even with a gt35 and e85 which is why im looking for something like what was mentioned above

14 minutes ago, JoshuaJW said:

I have read that everywhere but when I said I had seen people making towards 500hp with them the tuner I want go go with outright just said "No you haven't" so it seems with his experience that I just won't make that power at all even with a gt35 and e85 which is why im looking for something like what was mentioned above

I'd be looking for another tuner too...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I'd be looking for another tuner too...

He's not my first choice but my first choice hasn't gotten back to me for a long time and they've made 3 Facebook posts saying "want work done?" Which just hurts more lmao

2 hours ago, JoshuaJW said:

So I'm on the hunt for a low mount manifold that I can at least use with my stock intake 

If you can find one, a HKS cast low mount is a good option.  I've got mine extrude honed and hi temp coated then mounted a GT3076 on it with an external wastegate.  This setup made your power goals but you could actually do better with a GTX3076 or a Hypergear setup.

3 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

If you can find one, a HKS cast low mount is a good option.  I've got mine extrude honed and hi temp coated then mounted a GT3076 on it with an external wastegate.  This setup made your power goals but you could actually do better with a GTX3076 or a Hypergear setup.

I have heard about those being a good way to go just finding one would be a challenge.

45 minutes ago, JoshuaJW said:

I have heard about those being a good way to go just finding one would be a challenge.

I think there it’s one in the for sale section now

5 minutes ago, JoshuaJW said:

Thanks for the help I am bad at looking on forums lmao. 1k for a cracked manifold seems a bit much lmao

The crack is meaningless and they all crack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

here

Thanks for sharing. 

I would be finding a new tuner if that's his attitude as most guys I know enjoy the challenge of having a go at different combinations. 

As has been mentioned modding the standard one is the go. I ditched my 6boost and went back to a standard set up. 

35 minutes ago, JoshuaJW said:

Thank you for clarifying I'll contact them :)

In my view waste of $1000 when the one on your car will do it.

Tuners don't get back to you. If they are any good they are busy and you have to ring or preferably visit them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

In my view waste of $1000 when the one on your car will do it.

Tuners don't get back to you. If they are any good they are busy and you have to ring or preferably visit them!

Unfortunately don't have the time in the day to visit them and they don't have a number :/ otherwise I would

Budget setup, decent power, reduced exhaust back pressure.. just get a stock manifold, weld on an external gate flange (however keep the divider inside and merge both scrolls on the side) and strap a decent turbo to it and make 500~600hp on E85.

Havoc Fabrication does these mods for cheap, and you can request whatever gate flange you want on it.

I was doing 499hp (not quite 500hp) on a stock modified manifold, Hypergear SS2 CBB and 45mm gate on E85. Stock motor lasted a good 1.5 years before it went bang with pure abuse at the track, skidpans and "cul de sac nats". Self tuned, self built on an Edward Lee's SE Motor with probably 300 000km on it.

• Haha 1