SAU Community

Turbo charging a V35 with M35 Stagea setup

Hi guys, the opportunity has come up to buy the turbo, manifolds, dump pipe etc from an M35 Stagea for pretty cheap. 

I've read that this setup bolts straight up to a V35 coupe but cant really find much info on the matter. 

Has anyone done this, or confirm it can actually be done?

There was no turbo option on the M35 Stagea VQ35 so it must be some kind of aftermarket kit so as long as you are getting the complete kit including ECU. loom etc I can see no reason why it would not work on the V35 Skyline but double check everything first and ask questions of the seller.

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

There was no turbo option on the M35 Stagea VQ35 so it must be some kind of aftermarket kit

I beg to differ, this statement is wrong. The NM35 from october 2001 to August 2004 was available as a turbo, all vehicles were 5speed automatics and were either available with HICAS or IRS. The usual problems with loom, High compression, injectors and ECU could be expected with this conversion.

They came with a VQ25DET aswell -  Afaik alot of this turbo set up is pretty straight forward when putting it onto a VQ35.

Read up on it a few years back.

If parts are cheap give it a go :P

Yuh, so Kiwi's statement is still correct. He said "no turbo option on the M35 Stagea VQ35 ". The operative bit being VQ35.

So the real question is "can you bolt VQ25DET stuff onto VQ35 (NA)?". And, I am 110% sure that this question has been asked on here a number of times before. Just search!

Edited by GTSBoy
'coz I stuffed something up and had to ninja edit it while I still could!

Sorry guys,  I should have been more specific. The turbo setup is coming from a VQ25 DET and will be fitted to my VQ35.

I actually had a chat last night with someone that's done it and looks like it's relatively straight forward. 

I've already committed to the purchase, so a build thread may be incoming...

• 4 weeks later...

@camr33 I had since looked into this as im friends with the guy who sold you the parts.

Xr6T Intercooler will fit fine along with the M35 stega set up. Only a little bit of work needs to be done. Makes the DE actually look cool with a big single turbo.

Yeah, I did some research prior to purchasing and spoke to a couple of others who've done it. Already have the intercooler sorted too. Just need to work out engine management, injectors and fuel pump next.